Play off shoo-ins vs The Blue Behemoth, April 2nd

Thanks, Raith for moving ST holders to accommodate more Bears for what could be a title winner, depending on what happens in Paisley.

Thanks, too, for being reasonable about it rather than behaving like weans.  I guess this is what happens when your arms aren't covered in needle tracks.

So this is hardly a 'dead rubber' and much to play for.  We've shipped 6 goals in 2 games but scored 6 too.  I suspect this will be a dreary one goal game.  Not saying who to!

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Raith for moving ST holders to accommodate more Bears for what could be a title winner, depending on what happens in Paisley.

Thanks, too, for being reasonable about it rather than behaving like weans. I guess this is what happens when your arms aren't covered in needle tracks.

So this is hardly a 'dead rubber' and much to play for. We've shipped 6 goals in 2 games but scored 6 too. I suspect this will be a dreary one goal game. Not saying who to!

No bother re the ST thing. Don't mind giving up my seat for your party. Please can we had Hardie on a season long loan in return?

It would be nice if we could actually put in a performance against your lot. Cup exploits aside we haven't put in a decent performance against the 'gers.

No bother re the ST thing. Don't mind giving up my seat for your party. Please can we had Hardie on a season long loan in return?

Is Oor Ryan fitting in that well?  I know he has skills but is he working well within your system?

Is Oor Ryan fitting in that well? I know he has skills but is he working well within your system?

He is an excellent player at our level. No idea what the future holds for him, but compared to Dundee's Wighton (and different position, but also Barrie McKay of the Rangers) he is absolute quality.

It would be nice if we could actually put in a performance against your lot. Cup exploits aside we haven't put in a decent performance against the 'gers.

Your seats empty regularly lol

He is an excellent player at our level. No idea what the future holds for him, but compared to Dundee's Wighton (and different position, but also Barrie McKay of the Rangers) he is absolute quality.

Interesting comment re Wee Barrie and I 'get' why you're less than chuffed with him.  This season for us, though, he's been like a new signing.  The big difference is not so much in his skills but in his workload.  The wee man is running everyone ragged and is showing an appetite for football I didn't know he had.  We missed him today both in his creative play and his tracking back.

I hope, going back on track, that Hardy finishes the season well with your mob.  I can't decide between you and Falkirk but I hope it's one of you two going up.

Your seats empty regularly lol

My seat is never empty, there's always someone keeping it warm. Actually, on my last visit that someone was a seagull/pigeon who had shat all over it. Nice.

I see that you won't be attending this due to some vague reason associated with the opposition. Tut tut.

Interesting comment re Wee Barrie and I 'get' why you're less than chuffed with him. This season for us, though, he's been like a new signing. The big difference is not so much in his skills but in his workload. The wee man is running everyone ragged and is showing an appetite for football I didn't know he had. We missed him today both in his creative play and his tracking back.

I hope, going back on track, that Hardy finishes the season well with your mob. I can't decide between you and Falkirk but I hope it's one of you two going up.

Maybe Barrie got the fear when he saw what his future held - lower league football at the likes of Rovers.

Hardie is obviously still young but he looks a player. He needs to work at it - he could be better at winning headers - but he knows where the net is. Did you see his goal against Morton and his Hat-trick against St Mirren? He set up the second goal against Morton too and the other goal against St Mirren. Hopefully he gets back to scoring after the international break.

Interesting comment re Wee Barrie and I 'get' why you're less than chuffed with him.  This season for us, though, he's been like a new signing.  The big difference is not so much in his skills but in his workload.  The wee man is running everyone ragged and is showing an appetite for football I didn't know he had.  We missed him today both in his creative play and his tracking back.

I hope, going back on track, that Hardy finishes the season well with your mob.  I can't decide between you and Falkirk but I hope it's one of you two going up.

When he played for us he looked like he didn't give a shit. Are you sure its not his more talented twin playing for you this season?

He's definitely improved ten fold. For one, he was always going to be a lot better in a team that didn't need him to track back, or even be particularly careful about losing the ball. By far and away his best game for us was away at Stirling Albion, and it wasn't so much that they were poorer players, it was that he had more freedom to go out and play. He's also quite clearly bucked up his ideas, because his work-rate has improved massively this season. I imagine it's a combination of Warburton arriving, McKay enjoying his football a lot more, and the point above about him possibly seeing a glimpse of his future.

My seat is never empty, there's always someone keeping it warm. Actually, on my last visit that someone was a seagull/pigeon who had shat all over it. Nice.

Lol

I see that you won't be attending this due to some vague reason associated with the opposition. Tut tut.

Actually just found out I,ve a kids birthday party to go to ;-)

Seen a bit of talk about a possible title party, that never ends well.

Anyhow we need to be more careful with our subs, Law yesterday was back to his worst and clearly not interested (guessing he's offski) in the game. We need to stop switching off and concentrate for the entire game.

Raith have been playing well recently and hopefully we get a good game.

Totally up to individuals whether they choose to go to these games or not. No one view is right or wrong. I'll be there but wouldn't willingly subject kids to sectarian singing. That and the inevitable loss makes these games to be endured rather than enjoyed but I'll still go to support my team. Take their money and move on

I love the old stand at Starks Park. The last bit of what used to be a proper old fashioned Fitba Park. One of my happiest memories of being a Bluenose was the pandemonium that erupted in the terrace behind the goal when a certain Mr McCoist scored a last minute goal that kept us on track for the title when Rasellickbyrawaybigman were right on our tails.

The Taylor report and the 10,000 seat rule have a lot to answer for IMHO.

Archived