Stenny v forfar

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Potentially one of those season defining weekends for the Loons. 2 teams below play the top 2 and we could go above our opponents.

If the footballing gods care to dine on bridies, things will be ok. However, this season has been so unpredictable, I wouldn't like to call it.

Not sure how key the 2 suspended Stenny players are.

Pot luck as to who we'll have back from the walking wounded. Maybe same starting 11 as last week but with Martin in for Hodge.

3000 Loons to attend, me to win the 50/50 draw. £256.50

Potentially one of those season defining weekends for the Loons. 2 teams below play the top 2 and we could go above our opponents.

If the footballing gods care to dine on bridies, things will be ok. However, this season has been so unpredictable, I wouldn't like to call it.

Not sure how key the 2 suspended Stenny players are.

Pot luck as to who we'll have back from the walking wounded. Maybe same starting 11 as last week but with Martin in for Hodge.

3000 Loons to attend, me to win the 50/50 draw. £256.50

Should be a bigger away support than normal anyway . Can't complain at a fiver for the bus

Genuine six-pointer on the cards here. Win, and Stenhousemuir move away from the bottom of the league and give themselves a bit of breathing space; lose and we're really in bother. As I've said on previous threads, I've been a little anxious about our recent form but so long as we come through the next couple of weeks unscathed we'll be alright.

Apparently Ross Meechan and Jobber McCormack are suspended so Christ only knows what kind of team we'll field here. I imagine Stuart Malcolm will come back into the team, something that absolutely frightens me. As long as we can keep the ball as far away from him as possible I reckon we'll win.

Genuine six-pointer on the cards here. Win, and Stenhousemuir move away from the bottom of the league and give themselves a bit of breathing space; lose and we're really in bother. As I've said on previous threads, I've been a little anxious about our recent form but so long as we come through the next couple of weeks unscathed we'll be alright.

Apparently Ross Meechan and Jobber McCormack are suspended so Christ only knows what kind of team we'll field here. I imagine Stuart Malcolm will come back into the team, something that absolutely frightens me. As long as we can keep the ball as far away from him as possible I reckon we'll win.

Stuart Malcolm was solid for us last season, what's happened . We have a bit of pace up top now so could be fun to watch

Stuart Malcolm was solid for us last season, what's happened . We have a bit of pace up top now so could be fun to watch

Great player with real physical presence but with Darren Dods and Rab Douglas holding the defence together he's lacking. Still liked him in his two stints with us.

God only knows but something cataclysmic appears to have happened in the moments between him leaving Station Park and signing for the Warriors. I liked him when he was at Forfar last year and thought he was a dependable, meat-and-potatoes stopper, the kind of player who would fit in well with our team and make a good replacement for Ross McMillan and Alan Lithgow.

I re-read the Stenhousemuir 2015-16 thread earlier in the week and after a friendly with Livingston I noted how leggy and nervous he looked around the ball. I put it down to the player shaking off the cobwebs after a the summer break but his poor form continued into the new season. He collected a red card in the 2-2 draw with Peterhead - the team were 2-0 up and looking comfortable before he needlessly hacked a Blue Toon player on the halfway line (!) to collect a second yellow - and he went on from there. Everything that marked him out as a solid player at Forfar seems to have disappeared - there's a lack of leadership, a lack of communication, a lack of positional sense.

I'd have to go back and read old threads and watch match highlights to pick out how many goals he cost us directly but the low point was the 1-5 loss to Stranraer on Boxing Day - almost immediately after the interval, the Blues fired a hopeful punt towards the Stenny goal and, rather than clearing it back to where it came, Malcolm headed it straight up into the air before falling over. His slip allowed Craig Malcolm in on goal and he scored with ease. He was dropped from the team at that point, but he really should have been taken out of the starting XI a long time before that.

For some reason he was brought back into the team a couple of weeks ago and the side lost five goals at Dunfermline, four at Ayr and four to Peterhead. He scored an own goal at Somerset Park and neatly teed up Jamie Stevenson with a cushioned header in the defeat to the Blue Toon. I can't think of a centre-back who's made so many errors in one season - along with Jamie Barclay, the pair must have directly cost us around 15 goals this season (if you'd read of the other threads, you'll see I've been very critical of them both, and with good reason). From what I remember, Malcolm was actually pretty decent in the 2-2 draw with Forfar back in November but at the moment he looks so far out of his depth it's unreal. League football looks so far beyond him at the moment.

If he does play tomorrow I wish him all the luck in the world and I hope he does well but I won't hold my breath.

God only knows but something cataclysmic appears to have happened in the moments between him leaving Station Park and signing for the Warriors. I liked him when he was at Forfar last year and thought he was a dependable, meat-and-potatoes stopper, the kind of player who would fit in well with our team and make a good replacement for Ross McMillan and Alan Lithgow.

I re-read the Stenhousemuir 2015-16 thread earlier in the week and after a friendly with Livingston I noted how leggy and nervous he looked around the ball. I put it down to the player shaking off the cobwebs after a the summer break but his poor form continued into the new season. He collected a red card in the 2-2 draw with Peterhead - the team were 2-0 up and looking comfortable before he needlessly hacked a Blue Toon player on the halfway line (!) to collect a second yellow - and he went on from there. Everything that marked him out as a solid player at Forfar seems to have disappeared - there's a lack of leadership, a lack of communication, a lack of positional sense.

I'd have to go back and read old threads and watch match highlights to pick out how many goals he cost us directly but the low point was the 1-5 loss to Stranraer on Boxing Day - almost immediately after the interval, the Blues fired a hopeful punt towards the Stenny goal and, rather than clearing it back to where it came, Malcolm headed it straight up into the air before falling over. His slip allowed Craig Malcolm in on goal and he scored with ease. He was dropped from the team at that point, but he really should have been taken out of the starting XI a long time before that.

For some reason he was brought back into the team a couple of weeks ago and the side lost five goals at Dunfermline, four at Ayr and four to Peterhead. He scored an own goal at Somerset Park and neatly teed up Jamie Stevenson with a cushioned header in the defeat to the Blue Toon. I can't think of a centre-back who's made so many errors in one season - along with Jamie Barclay, the pair must have directly cost us around 15 goals this season (if you'd read of the other threads, you'll see I've been very critical of them both, and with good reason). From what I remember, Malcolm was actually pretty decent in the 2-2 draw with Forfar back in November but at the moment he looks so far out of his depth it's unreal. League football looks so far beyond him at the moment.

If he does play tomorrow I wish him all the luck in the world and I hope he does well but I won't hold my breath.

He was brought back in due to injuries to Kieran Miller and Jon Robertson

He collected a red card in the 2-2 draw with Peterhead - the team were 2-0 up and looking comfortable before he needlessly hacked a Blue Toon player on the halfway line (!) to collect a second yellow

Sounds familiar.  Wonder if it was the same Peterhead player he whacked and got a red for last season?

Aye that was just daft that evening

Two yellows in less than 10 mins IIRC. He took out Nicky Riley for the second yellow. Wasn't the same player last season, but I can't recall off the top of my head who it was. Oops, meant to quote Loonytoons!

Two yellows in less than 10 mins IIRC. He took out Nicky Riley for the second yellow. Wasn't the same player last season, but I can't recall off the top of my head who it was. Oops, meant to quote Loonytoons!

Cheers for the info MT.

Archived