The Play-Offs 15/16

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember those matches in the 1990's, a certain 5-0 defeat in the Scottish Cup still haunts. Still, we haven't played a league game in 19 years so there isn't much of a rivalry anymore.

I was just a youngster at the time.

According to my dad and uncle I was at the 5-0 cup game (Bobby Williamson scored a hat trick) which was my first ever Kilmarnock game but I don't remember it.  My earliest memory watching Kilmarnock was December 1993.

I remember watching the highlights of the 5-0 game a few years later and it was either just bad camera angles or RP had terrible lighting as I remember the final goal being scored almost in the dark.

Kilmarnock would undoubtedly be the easiest of the 3 play-off ties should we go all the way. And when they go down they won't be coming back any time soon.

Hibs always raise their game when they play a big team.

Whether that raising of their game will cancel out Hibs being Hibs I'm not so sure.

Kilmarnock would undoubtedly be the easiest of the 3 play-off ties should we go all the way. And when they go down they won't be coming back any time soon.

Absolutely this, the real final will be between two championship clubs in the semifinal playoff.

I'd fancy all three of us to scud that shite.

Hahahaha Killie

Despite reporting even more financial loss during the week, they aren't worried says one... If we finish 2nd and get through our playoff, there won't be a greater justice in football, if we relegate those b*****ds

Hibs always raise their game when they play a big team.

Whether that raising of their game will cancel out Hibs being Hibs I'm not so sure.

Well, guess that's us fucked if we reach the playoff final vs Killie :(

Would probably rather Falkirk than Hibs in all honesty.

Strange one though.  We have beaten Hibs and not Falkirk, but Hibs have dominated us in a few games this season and when they have, looked far better than Falkirk have (Against us) - all the games vs Falkirk have been very close.

Hibs are obviously prone to daft results, but they are more likely to have the tie dead quicker than Falkirk are.

Or just win two, if Falkirk f**k up on Saturday. Can't see it though, third looks a stick on now.

Raith concern me the most out of anyone. Very impressed with their improvement in recent months. Regardless of what happens this week, I think we'll be playing them in a playoff and that we'll struggle against them.

Edit: Would fancy us to pump the likes of Kilmarnock usually but if we get that far, the players will be burst.

All along I've been happy with just being in the play-offs, particularly by such a healthy margin. Looking at our form though we've lost four league games this year - a 1-0 at Easter Road (penalty rebound), two defeats to Rangers (0-1 at Stark's, 2-0 at Ibrox) and a freak 1-0 defeat to Alloa, via a penalty. We've lost only to Rangers in our last sixteen matches, undefeated overall in ten.

I don't think we'll win the play-offs, I don't think anyone who finishes 3rd or 4th can to be honest, but we've every reason to be confident of an upset. Personally I would prefer to play Falkirk, Hibs are Hibs and Hibs gonna Hibs but when they play well they're comfortably the second best side in the league, and are probably better than most PL sides in the bottom six. Just need to hope they don't hit their day in the play-offs and completely bottle it.

The race for 2nd/3rd is of benefit to us in the QF, both Falkirk and Hibs will play first-pick sides on Sunday. Whoever we end up playing won't be as fresh as our side, who will surely all be rested for a meaningless rubber in Livingston.

I'd love to win the QF and just see what happens.. Either way we've been magnificent in 2016 and we're definitely not there to make up the numbers.

All along I've been happy with just being in the play-offs, particularly by such a healthy margin. Looking at our form though we've lost four league games this year - a 1-0 at Easter Road (penalty rebound), two defeats to Rangers (0-1 at Stark's, 2-0 at Ibrox) and a freak 1-0 defeat to Alloa, via a penalty. We've lost only to Rangers in our last sixteen matches, undefeated overall in ten.

I don't think we'll win the play-offs, I don't think anyone who finishes 3rd or 4th can to be honest, but we've every reason to be confident of an upset. Personally I would prefer to play Falkirk, Hibs are Hibs and Hibs gonna Hibs but when they play well they're comfortably the second best side in the league, and are probably better than most PL sides in the bottom six. Just need to hope they don't hit their day in the play-offs and completely bottle it.

The race for 2nd/3rd is of benefit to us in the QF, both Falkirk and Hibs will play first-pick sides on Sunday. Whoever we end up playing won't be as fresh as our side, who will surely all be rested for a meaningless rubber in Livingston.

I'd love to win the QF and just see what happens.. Either way we've been magnificent in 2016 and we're definitely not there to make up the numbers.

Pretty much this.  Just great to be involved.  We could lose both QF legs and we still have had a better season that we ever dreamed of.

By all accounts Falkirk have been quite poor in 2016 but we've had good results and on several occasions have gotten a result in the last couple of minutes of a game. So we can either read that as having an amazing team spirit and grinding out results when we need to or being jammy and being due a thumping at some point.

I think ideally I'd like Hibs to beat Raith over extra time and be knackered facing us in the semi final. The games this year against both teams have been really close and I'll take any advantage we can get. Only Kilmarnock game I've seen this season is against ICT this weekend which probably isn't a fair reflection of the team so not sure whether I'm confident of beating them or not.

At some point though, a team is going to hold on to the 1 or 2 goals we gift them each game so we need to tighten up at the back.

Is our game with Hibs/Falkirk likely to be a 5:15pm KO? Saturday 3pm games aren't allowed to be on television and BT have Norwich v Man Utd as the mid day kick off. I might not even make the game if that is indeed the case.

By all accounts Falkirk have been quite poor in 2016 but we've had good results and on several occasions have gotten a result in the last couple of minutes of a game. So we can either read that as having an amazing team spirit and grinding out results when we need to or being jammy and being due a thumping at some point.

I think ideally I'd like Hibs to beat Raith over extra time and be knackered facing us in the semi final. The games this year against both teams have been really close and I'll take any advantage we can get. Only Kilmarnock game I've seen this season is against ICT this weekend which probably isn't a fair reflection of the team so not sure whether I'm confident of beating them or not.

At some point though, a team is going to hold on to the 1 or 2 goals we gift them each game so we need to tighten up at the back.

I wouldnt say we've been poor as we've only lost twice since the turn of the year. Which is pretty good considering we've been decimated by injuries over that period. Our style of football has been affected though due to  the enforced constant chopping and changing of the  side. 

Think the championship finals are on Alba which would mean a quarter past 5 ko I'd think.

Guest Back Post Misses

Or just win two, if Falkirk f**k up on Saturday. Can't see it though, third looks a stick on now.

Raith concern me the most out of anyone. Very impressed with their improvement in recent months. Regardless of what happens this week, I think we'll be playing them in a playoff and that we'll struggle against them.

Edit: Would fancy us to pump the likes of Kilmarnock usually but if we get that far, the players will be burst.

Having seen both in the last 10 days IMO Hibs will beat Raith comfortably providing they stand up to the route one, agricultural style of Raith. Also the Starks Park pitch is as big a leveler as Recreation Park. I just can't see Raith getting anything at ER however. 

We have still to beat Morton however. You have failed to do that on your last two games against them. We are not certain to do that with all our injuries and suspensions.

I wouldnt say we've been poor as we've only lost twice since the turn of the year. Which is pretty good considering we've been decimated by injuries over that period. Our style of football has been affected though due to  the enforced constant chopping and changing of the  side. 

Think the championship finals are on Alba which would mean a quarter past 5 ko I'd think.

We're in the Premiership playoffs though. They're on BT.

Archived