Stuart Rennie - Falkirk

Hi.

I am writing an article on Stuart Rennie, the ex Bairns keeper. If anybody has any memories or anecdotes for sharing it would be great to hear from you. It's for the Burst Baw website. Look forward to hearing from you. Cheers.

Get Conner Park to speak to Michael White. He will know who I mean.

Hi.

I am writing an article on Stuart Rennie, the ex Bairns keeper. If anybody has any memories or anecdotes for sharing it would be great to hear from you. It's for the Burst Baw website. Look forward to hearing from you. Cheers.

Hi.

Cracking goalie who used to have palpitations due to wee Tiger regularly playing crazy back passes to him.

Chipping it over forwards heads for example, although obviously the goalie was allowed to handle such back passes in those days.

Brilliant Shagger (that doesn't read right!). Who was Tiger?

John "Tiger" McLaughlin - full back who played for Everton after Falkirk

Brilliant Shagger (that doesn't read right!). Who was Tiger?

As others have said he was (and is) the legendary Bairns full back who we sold to Everton although he returned to us later. He played sweeper when he returned even though he was only about 5'4'' and did it brilliantly.

He was a crabbit wee bugger and once had a very public falling out with Alex Ferguson which culminated in him refusing to play in the 1971 League Cup semi-final v Partick Thistle, (Thistle beat Celtic 4-1 in the Final having beaten us 2-0). I can only assume that the confrontation didn't come to blows as Ferguson was still walking afterwards!

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Article on Stuart Rennie finished. It will be hosted on a Motherwell site soon. Can anyone recommend a Falkirk fans site equivalent? Had a little look but nothing obvious. Thanks.

You could put it on the gently decomposing corpse of One F, doubt if anyone would notice though.

Archived