Inverness Caledonian Thistle (Bottlers) v Hibernian

Stephen Malkmus

Tremarco
Lopez

Devine

Wedderburn

Mutombo

There's probably others that I can't think of right now, but come on... these guys would struggle in a pub league.  Devine wants his contract extended too?! :lol:

Hughes has to go.  A new manager (Foran?) will hopefully get a dead cat bounce effect that'll see us secure in the league til the end of the season, when he can build a better team that doesn't include the dross listed above.  Failure to act makes the board equally as culpable as Hughes.

Edited to include: I realise Lopez has already buggered off but his signing in the first place was laughable.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tremarco

Lopez

Devine

Wedderburn

Mutombo

There's probably others that I can't think of right now, but come on... these guys would struggle in a pub league.  Devine wants his contract extended too?! :lol:

Hughes has to go.  A new manager (Foran?) will hopefully get a dead cat bounce effect that'll see us secure in the league til the end of the season, when he can build a better team that doesn't include the dross listed above.  Failure to act makes the board equally as culpable as Hughes.

Aye cause those 5 were signed by Hughes.

Let's be honest, if Hibs hold on tonight the only thing that awaits is more Hampden heartache in among their play-off scrambling.

It will be epic.

Why couldn't Inverness play this bad at Hampden last May?

Because Hughes still had good players at his disposal in Shinnie, Watkins etc. I'll admit I never thought he would be the brains behind our most successful season but I've long felt that his weakness is in signing players to build a team. He had our best ever team readily assembled for him when he came in which only needed minor tweaking. Now that some of those players have moved on his signings have been dreadful.

Hibs fans might correct me but when he took over he already had the likes of Riordan and Stokes there and he was quite successful but when those kinds of players moved on he signed drivel like De Graff (?) and Hibs form plummeted.

Basically, I think Hughes is a good coach who can improve players but I don't think he can actually build teams and he isn't a good judge of a player. Or, to put it another way, he's good at making a good car go faster but he can't actually build the car.

In one season, Hughes has taken the Scottish Cup winning team he inherited from Butcher, and turned them into a sub-standard laughing stock.  I thought it was hilarious when he was in charge of Hibs, now I take it all back.  The man is a clown and should be no where near a football team.

Will he do the decent thing and resign or at least change his assistant manager as the pair of them are detrimental to the fortunes of ICT.

Aye cause those 5 were signed by Hughes.

What does it matter who signed them?  Hughes keeps playing them when they simply are not good enough.

I'd like to see Foran with 10CC persuaded to return alongside him. His teams were a bit soft but played great stuff.

I assume we will never learn that this passing game we attempt will never work, all it does is give the other team goals but yet we insist on doing it in every match.

What does it matter who signed them?  Hughes keeps playing them when they simply are not good enough.

I don't think thats fair, Mutombo has contributed when he's played. Wouldn't say Wedderburn is the worst. Tremarco and Devine may well be pish but we don't have anyone else (fair one on Lopez).  We made our biggest profit ever last season and the board reduced the budget. There is much more going on here than just Hughes. 

Hope Hibs stick another couple past them.

Hughes post match towing the party line "Scottish football need a strong Hibs, Hearts and Rangers" blah blah blah.

So thick he referred to top division as the SPL and second tier as the First Division.

So John, if we need those 3 up based on crowds etc, its probably at the expense of your own team you fucking idiot.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Enormously frustrating that 7 points dropped against this Village Idiot's [pile of dross could well cost us the league. 

I suspect that the only thing that may save Sneckie from a relegation play off is the fact that they will run out of games.

Archived