Raith v Livi

I reckon this will be where we pick up our first win after that horrendous run.

Thank f**k we scored yesterday( not 1 but 2) to claw some of the confidence back.

Not sure how the defence will look though with Bates, Toshney and Bene all suspended. Barr not even made the bench all season could be brought straight into the starting 11 next week? Davo also never made the bench yesterday, presumably through injury. So we're kind of hoping he's fit again for next week. Also with Hypolyte breaking Thomson's nose yesterday, we're not sure if he'll make it or not..? Although Davo did play with a broken nose at xmas time. So we could end up seeing a defence of Robertson, Barr, Davo, Mckeown.. Which doesn't strike me with much confidence at all.. So it may end up being a game where we aim to score more than them in a high scoring match.

3-2 Raith, Harry, Connolly and Stewart to get the goals..

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the makeshift defence won't hinder us too much. We've not had a settled defence all season due to injuries.

I'd like to see Connolly and Harry impose themselves to sort out any attacking issues.

I'll cross my fingers and hope that the midfield can perform for once.

The suggestion of a 3-2 victory is one I'm happy to contemplate. It would be nice to see a few goals. I'm fairly used to that with home games against Livi, but it's usually the Livi fans who go home happy.

Hard to say how this game will go until our defensive situation becomes clearer. If Davidson is available to play then he could slot alongside Bates which might not be too bad - that's assuming Thomson is fit to play right back.

Either way it is unlikely we'll keep a clean sheet so will definitely need to score at least a couple to win the match.

Hard to say how this game will go until our defensive situation becomes clearer. If Davidson is available to play then he could slot alongside Bates which might not be too bad - that's assuming Thomson is fit to play right back.

Either way it is unlikely we'll keep a clean sheet so will definitely need to score at least a couple to win the match.

Bates is suspended as well..

Thomson and Bates played well together at centre half at the start of the season. That's if Thomson is fit to play. Stick a midfielder at right back and Rory at left back.

Don't think Davo is currently expected to play vs Livi, due to injury.

Given Craig Barr hasn't started a first team game since nineteen-oatcake, a makeshift defence might be a more likely starting option, with him perhaps on the bench.

It's all pointing to another humping at home to Livi unless we can cobble together a viable defence.

If Thomson makes it he could play centre half. Robertson to partner him?

Callachan at right back.

Is Davo a certainty to be out? Is Barr planning on playing a game for us this season?

So we could be looking at Robertson, Thomson, Ellis and McKeown as a back four, and that's assuming Thomson is fit.

I'm already hoping for another postponement.

Barr has been back training for a couple of weeks and played in the reserves game last week. No choice but for him to go in there, put Thomson alongside him and either have Robets on at right back or Ford, hopefully the latter.

Best. Idea. Ever.

Andrews and Ellis, kicking it old school style at the back.

Are we not more likely to see Anderson at right back than Robertson? He's featured there a couple of times already this season, albeit with mixed results.

Oddly enough, against Livi as well.

This game is massive for us, so often we've performed well against the so called bigger sides in the league and followed it up with a game we would see as winnable and just not performed.

Hopkin now has plenty of options to choose from, be interesting to see if he sticks with the line up yesterday or brings Stanton back into the starting 11.

One things for sure going back to the simplicity of 4,4,2 helped yesterday, so I would stick with that, the back four looked solid with Halkett at Right back and Longridge on the left, Cole looked back to his best too.

Josh Mullin and Kakay I think will cause Raith problems out wide and I would stick with White and Buchanan, so the big call is to have Pittman and Fossy again or have Stanton brought in to replace one or the other.

We now have plenty options with Telfer there too who came on and made a couple of brilliant defence breaking passes aswell.

As I say, if we want to avoid the drop again this season this is the kind of game we have to be winning.

Archived