Dunfermline Athletic

Down and out a few year ago, fighting our way back. Ayr United have stood still and never seem to make that next level as a club. Had a good support once and it's a sizeable catchment area. Why hasn't Ayr moved on from a terraced stadium and mediocre stand from a league and cup perspective.

I like Somerset (except the toilets).

Give us years in the lower leagues and the exact same thing would happen to us in terms of crowds. Also the whole admin saga really rallied fans and the benefits of that (the fans' renewed interest) is still being felt.

Pretty w**k OP

I think I know what you mean and although it sounds obscene

I will always do my best to understand

You have so many words and your voice is always heard

But who can say they really understand?

Real, real, real, do you feel real?

And if so, I'd like to know

How to feel real, real, do you feel real?

I think I know what you mean and although it sounds obscene

I will always do my best to understand

You have so many words and your voice is always heard

But who can say they really understand?

Real, real, real, do you feel real?

How to feel real, real, do you feel real?

Years since I've heard that song. Good old Jesus Jones - seen them live a few times......and that's about as interesting as this thread gets.

3 years in this league with all that fans money wasted just to go toe to toe with us :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

13 points isn't quite "toe to toe" though, is it?

Is this a close title challenge for you? Ouch.

Down and out a few year ago, fighting our way back. Ayr United have stood still and never seem to make that next level as a club. Had a good support once and it's a sizeable catchment area. Why hasn't Ayr moved on from a terraced stadium and mediocre stand from a league and cup perspective.

To be fair, they have the mighty Kilmarnock in their back yard which is always going to draw fans away. Should be able to capitalise if Killie make the drop and Ayr make it through the play offs which is not an easy ask given the calibre of teams they'll be up against.

Oh and not being tempted to experiment with the all seater stadia, high debt, high risk strategy.

A few tasty derby matches if that happened.If Killie came down and Ayr and ourselves came up and the two 'big' teams left then Ayr have Killie and Morton and Pars have Raith and Falkirk.

By the end of the season Killie won't be anywhere near releagtion, Ayr will be in no danger of going up.

Looking forward to Raith, Falkirk and Dundee United though.

I thought it was ironic they were owned by a guy whose company built football stands for large, important clubs...

Archived