Peterhead Vs Forfar

Unbeaten in 12 vs a poor Forfar side scrapping for points creates the perfect recipe for a slip up here. However, our home form is solid so we should be winning this. Anyone seen any team news? I believe Jordan Brown has a 1 game ban for accumulation of yellows and Ross will be out for it but not seen any other news. I would imagine Blockley or Stevenson will sit in at RB with Strachan going into CB again.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stevenson at right back? What a waste that is.

McInally has certainly got Peterhead motoring, they're a no nonsense, clinical outfit. For us Bollan has to get some creativity into the middle of the park. It's crying out for Foxy to be paired with TOB.

2-1 Loons.........

Unbeaten in 12 vs a poor Forfar side scrapping for points creates the perfect recipe for a slip up here. However, our home form is solid so we should be winning this. Anyone seen any team news? I believe Jordan Brown has a 1 game ban for accumulation of yellows and Ross will be out for it but not seen any other news. I would imagine Blockley or Stevenson will sit in at RB with Strachan going into CB again.

According to SFA suspension list, Ross is banned for Forfar game and also next week against Cowdenbeath along with Jordan Brown. I think the way it works is that a suspension kicks in a fortnight after the last caution.

Give strichner his wish play rodgers at centre half

McInally awarded Manager of the Month, that usually is the kiss of death lol

I predict..... OK, I hope, the Loons will record their first victory under GB.

As JJ says it cries out for a Foxy and O'Brien midfield. Danny and/or Omar to return to the starting lineup and Ryan and Craig upfront. I dare Bollan to drop Captain Lazy......

According to SFA suspension list, Ross is banned for Forfar game and also next week against Cowdenbeath along with Jordan Brown. I think the way it works is that a suspension kicks in a fortnight after the last caution.

Cheers, never thought to check there.

Foxy an unused sub for the past 3 games so would be amazed if he plays any part. Hard to find any reasoning for us picking up any points especially at a ground where we never play well.

Barring injury, anybody on the subs bench is unlikely to feature. It must be fairly demoralizing when a player sees he's not in the starting 11.

McInally awarded Manager of the Month, that usually is the kiss of death lol

I predict..... OK, I hope, the Loons will record their first victory under GB.

As JJ says it cries out for a Foxy and O'Brien midfield. Danny and/or Omar to return to the starting lineup and Ryan and Craig upfront. I dare Bollan to drop Captain Lazy......

I double dare Bollan to drop captain lazy as well. He's not looked interested for most of the season looks like someone who has got a long term contract oh wait he does.

Wouldn't have been a surprise result before the match (and good for both strikers to score), but 2-1 up and a man up for more than an hour......

More shots in first 30 minutes against 11 men than in the last 60 against 10 men tells all you need to know about GB's wizardry. It took desperate straits for him to locate his subs bench. No coincidence that each time this season the opposition have had red cards, we have seriously blown it - each time a winger was either taken off or didn't come on at all or until too late, no attempt to stretch the 10 men, no ambition. Dick had the humility to admit his mistake after the Stennie farce - any looking in the mirror by GB after the same situation 2 weeks in a row?

From a Forfar point of view we couldn't believe you didn't make any changes up until we took the lead, it was obvious a goal was inevitable from the start of the second half. Other than that, you are honestly one of the worst teams I have seen at Balmoor. Created absolutely nothing in the second half with the man advantage. Good at passing around midfield but not much else.

From our point of view we probably deserved to win, although that was possibly the worst performance I have seen from Smith in goals. He could easily have prevented both goals, and his slow distribution at a goal down was shocking. I couldn't quite see what Noble was sent off for. He usually isn't that type of player so would have to see the highlights to see what it was all about. After he went off everyone worked their socks off and it never looked like we weren't going to score. A cracking win and it keeps us at the right end of the table, although I was hoping for a draw in the Ayr/Pars game.

I see Swankie started again, Yano no where to be seen? At least the new strikers seem to have goals in them! though things are looking extremely bad for us :-(

Yano has a groin strain, Swankie was ok in the first half and instrumental in our first goal.

From a Forfar point of view we couldn't believe you didn't make any changes up until we took the lead, it was obvious a goal was inevitable from the start of the second half. Other than that, you are honestly one of the worst teams I have seen at Balmoor. Created absolutely nothing in the second half with the man advantage. Good at passing around midfield but not much else.

From our point of view we probably deserved to win, although that was possibly the worst performance I have seen from Smith in goals. He could easily have prevented both goals, and his slow distribution at a goal down was shocking. I couldn't quite see what Noble was sent off for. He usually isn't that type of player so would have to see the highlights to see what it was all about. After he went off everyone worked their socks off and it never looked like we weren't going to score. A cracking win and it keeps us at the right end of the table, although I was hoping for a draw in the Ayr/Pars game.

Your keeper was definitely at fault for the second, but couldn't see how he could have prevented the first.

Your man was sent off for a stamp, I believe. I heard our physio say our player had stud marks right down his side.

As for the result, fair play to Peterhead, that was a great second half performance, had us beaten hands down until Bollan, eventually, put on a winger which caused a few problems, but too little too late.

Archived