Stirling v Berwick

Excellent performance and result by Berwick on Saturday and it sounds as though Stirling were awfully suspect tonight, lucky to scrape by an awful Montrose side. Only one possible result here:

Stirling 9-1 Berwick. Our goal coming after Sandy Cunningham asks his pals to score a sympathy own goal.

Exciting times ahead.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we scored 7 tonight but I expect a much more difficult game on Saturday against Berwick. Would take any victory no matter how slim as at the end of the day its about getting the 3 points and that is what we need to achieve on Saturday.

Prediction Albion 2 Berwick 0 :thumsup2

Ps If we do score another 7 then I expect a spaceship to land in the middle of Forthbank and Elvis step outside to give the crowd a song.

Looking forward to this one and confident of bagging 3 points....but I doubt it'll be anything like the score line last night.

John Coughlin will have his team set up like he always does, to defend and not to over commit going forward, to bore the watching public and to hit on the break. Going by the comments of the Berwick fans, it would seem that he doesn't have the players to play this way with any great success, however you can't get away from the fact that it's hard to play against and we will have to be on the ball to break them down.

3 points on Saturday and lets keep our fingers crossed Montrose can pull it together and do us a wee favour by beating Annan.

We should have Notman, Fairbairn and McNeil available again on Saturday which should strengthen us defensively. However, looks like we'll be missing Cunningham who had an encouraging opening half before fading. The upshot of that means that McKenna will probably keep his place despite a mare against Shire. For a guy who played 25 times in the championship last season, he needs to up his game by several gears. Not many goals and not many assists, though plenty of bookings. Kind of sums up the car crash squad Coff inherited from Cameron. On a more positive note, Crane, McGregor and Graham were excellent again on Saturday, but the likes of Lavery and Walker have to start contributing too. Far too many passengers in this side for comfort.

I'd go with:

Walters

McNeil Farirbairn McGregor Crane

Graham Stevenson Notman Walker Coultress

Lavery

We're the worst equal team in this league. I don't think people fully appreciate how dire our position is. By 4.45 on Saturday, we could be bottom of the league. How did it come to this?

Dear Stirling fans,

You don't actually realise how shit we really are.

Sincerely,

Berwick fans

To be honest with you, one of the performances of the season that I have seen so far was the last time Berwick came to Forthbank. Although we were a bit disjointed and weren't firing on all cylinders that day, I thought Berwick were excellent and looked like genuine Play Off challengers. Finn Graham and Blair Henderson ran riot and even at 129 Colin Cameron rolled back the years by pulling the strings. Just goes to show how things change,

We should have Notman, Fairbairn and McNeil available again on Saturday.

Will jonny be available on satursay though? that's two straight reds for violent conduct this season. doubt he'd only be banned for one match.

Also on the Lavery front his girlfriends more than a week overdue for giving birth so I think it'd be unlikely he'd be playing. which leaves us with the usual long ball to Shanderson

can't wait.......

Start with the same line up as Tuesday night, thought everyone play superb.

No doubt about it that Berwick will give us a tougher challenge than the Mo, however i think confidence will be high and we can win this one

Prediction a close 3-1 to the Binos

Will jonny be available on satursay though? that's two straight reds for violent conduct this season. doubt he'd only be banned for one match.

Also on the Lavery front his girlfriends more than a week overdue for giving birth so I think it'd be unlikely he'd be playing. which leaves us with the usual long ball to Shanderson

can't wait.......

Wonder if Coff will do a Levein and go with no attackers & everyone behind the ball. It's not as if we've been scoring tons of goals or creating many chances. Might reconsider my travel plans.

Archived