Groundhop March 2016

The second "Lowland League" groundhop was scheduled to include two EOSFL fixtures on Saturday 12th March : Civil v Leith at 11am and Craigroyston v Tynecastle at 2pm (before they go on to Spartans LL at 5pm and Edinburgh City at 8pm).

But their Sunday afternoon and evening expected destinations have now moved to fill those slots, clubs no doubt wanting the Sunday off with Hibs being in the League Cup Final.

Saturday 11am they now go to Whitehill Welfare, Saturday 2pm Preston Athletic.

Their Sunday lunchtime game remains Edinburgh University.

So their organiser will probably be wanting a couple of EOSFL fixtures (the same two?) to move to the Sunday, 1 in the afternoon + 1 in the evening, despite folks wanting to see Hibs in the Cup Final...

Quite fancy coming up from the south west and put in the 4 games on Saturday. stay overnight then travel through to the

league cup final on Sunday.

Will there be any transport laid on to get me from ground to ground or do I have to rely on public transport

Quite fancy coming up from the south west and put in the 4 games on Saturday. stay overnight then travel through to the

league cup final on Sunday.

Will there be any transport laid on to get me from ground to ground or do I have to rely on public transport

The whole thing is 'organized' (ahem!) by a bloke who operates as GroundhopUK.

He has now confirmed that the Hop will have only the one match on the Sunday. I don't know whether he was cheeky enough to ask the EOSFL clubs to move to the Sunday.

On another forum, folks from south of the border who thought they'd still be up here for a night match on Sunday so have booked digs / taken the Monday off work are livid about the changes. "Never again" etc.

I believe you had to be signed up to depart from Englandshire on one of the coaches to also use them as door-to-door between matches. They might be more flexible now under the circumstances, so contact him and see how you get on...

Archived