Heart of Midlothian vs Partick Thistle

Can Archie's 'Jagenaccio' system stymie a Hearts team who have dished out a couple of pumpings to Thistle so far this season?

Will Hearts bounce back from hibsing things against Hibs in the cup?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Saturday's negative formation was most likely used as a trial run for the Hearts game, we'll be lining up 5-4-1/5-3-2 in this one as well and trying to shitfest another 0-0. We've been playing pretty well recently, but considering our struggles up front and the fact that we just lost 1-0 with this system to a team that Hearts are miles better than, I'm not particularly optimistic here.

One thing in our favour is that we last played on Saturday, while Hearts played their Cup game a day later and then have a trip to Dingwall on Wednesday as well. 3 games in 6 days is tough for anyone.

It will be interesting to see if the Partick fans are so pessimistic after our trip to Dingwall tomorrow night. I'll wait and see who is still standing after that and who else has managed to pick up an idiotic suspension before I make a prediction on how this will go.

It will be interesting to see if the Partick fans are so pessimistic after our trip to Dingwall tomorrow night. I'll wait and see who is still standing after that and who else has managed to pick up an idiotic suspension before I make a prediction on how this will go.

No need to wait, we'll still be this pessimistic. Hearts have given us 2 absolute doings, one of which was in the middle of our best run of the season. We're going to get fucked.

We'll put in a manful performance, letting us believe that we might actually put the horror of previous games against Hearts behind us. Frans majestic, Seaborne barking orders, Dumbuya running at least 20km up and down every patch of grass on the field.

Then Hearts will score late on, and we'll lose. That or we'll just get pumped.

Archived