Kilmarnock v Rangers, for the right to face Dumbarton (or Dundee)

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayrshire bennetts are unacceptable.

Got my ticket today. Sales are 'going well' according to the shop. Whatever that means.

When my friend picked up ours yesterday he waited in a queue for well over an hour. There's an air of positivity around that concerns me...

Was that the game when one of our supporters buses was bottled as your fans tried to hold it up in the middle of the road on the way in to ER, aye is that the game you mean!? Wee Angels!

At the same game, an older member of our club (in his 60's) was jostled and hassled as he knelt to check a slow puncture when he parked up. The reason? he was wearing his old Rangers scarf. Proper brave young warriors!!

I doubt there were that many other Dundee fans there, so no.

Few beers in the cellar, bite to eat, fitba, gers hopefully win, few more beers on a park bench, discarded kebab, wander home alone.

Usual Bennett.

That was actually quite funny Norman.

When did we start pretending that everyone's favourite epithet for Rangers fans was sectarian? The etymology has nothing to do with religion whatsoever.

Are Rangers fans trying to pretend they are victims just like their paranoid cousins across the city.

When did we start pretending that everyone's favourite epithet for Rangers fans was sectarian? The etymology has nothing to do with religion whatsoever.

Are Rangers fans trying to pretend they are victims just like their paranoid cousins across the city.

We've been round this one many times and it actually doesn't matter if it's religious or not. The Mods regard it as a proscribed word and it's amusing to see so many posters trying to find creative ways to bypass the swear-filter.

Not an action I'd ever take myself, of course.

I've seen the 'current' and 'blue one' references which just seem a bit contrived. I always regarded the word as tongue in cheek and much like the counterpart t*m which we are also now not allowed to say even though it's a self referential term and has nothing to do with sectarianism either.

It's a shame that Scottish football is losing its sense of humour over people being paranoid. Killie aren't important enough to have a derogatory nickname unfortunately.

I've seen the 'current' and 'blue one' references which just seem a bit contrived. I always regarded the word as tongue in cheek and much like the counterpart t*m which we are also now not allowed to say even though it's a self referential term and has nothing to do with sectarianism either. It's a shame that Scottish football is losing its sense of humour over people being paranoid. Killie aren't important enough to have a derogatory nickname unfortunately.

Scottish football has some great nicknames for teams/fans derogatory or not. 'Killie' isn't one of them, though. Have you nickname envy?

Scottish football has some great nicknames for teams/fans derogatory or not. 'Killie' isn't one of them, though. Have you nickname envy?

A wee bit. It'd be nice to be important enough to be hated. (Apart from those dirty Ayr scumbags but they are irrelevant).

Yes it does.

No it doesn't. I understand that the term used to describe Germans during the first and second world wars is derived from Hanoverian. This has nothing to do with religion although some people try to crowbar in the fact that that Hanoverians were a protestant monarchy - but the Hanoverians were also basically our Monarchy and provided our own royal family. The name refers to a geographical distinction rather than a religious one because otherwise it would surely be self referential.

None of the above has anything to do with Rangers by the way. I always understood the reference to refer to rampaging barbarian hordes of the Genghis variety and therefore very tongue in check like calling Celtic fans the Great unwashed, (I'm sure a couple of them do wash occasionally).

Archived