Kilmarnock v Rangers, for the right to face Dumbarton (or Dundee)

After consultation with fans, the club have confirmed that this will no longer be the case.

ETA - the club are now in discussions with Police Scotland and it looks like Rangers fans will be held in the stadium for fifteen minutes post-match, allowing Kilmarnock fans to leave the area and not be put at risk.

Which home fans have been at risk on any of our away travels this season? Why should a visit to RP be any different?

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part of Killie's success on Saturday came from a high-press that forced Rangers' creative players into rushing their final ball. I lost count of the amount of passes Zelalem in particular put into the box only for the Killie defence to shepherd it to MacDonald or out of play.

Kilmarnock were defensive out of necessity (i.e. we don't even have a manager) and carried out that game-plan very well. Of course we rode our luck at times, but so did Rangers. If Magennis' header is a few inches lower, Obadeyi's shot slightly to the left or had Slater's effort not hit Foderingham in the head then we could have taken more than a draw from Saturday. But that's football.

We drew with Celtic in Glasgow by playing defensively, and got a deserved draw with them at home by playing counter attacking football. Celtic are far better than Rangers so there's no reason why we can't do the same and go through. It certainly isn't as clear cut as guys like you are making out.

It's alright, Jason Holt will play the whole game ;)

Celtic far better? Are they f**k. Wr play the more attractive football and we'll only get better next season.

Why were 1400 Killie fans kept in on Saturday, if it wasn't for their safety?

Fairly standard crowd control practice at grounds across the country when there's a sizeable away support I'm sure.

On Saturday I think it was probably the best way to let the home fans safely make their way away from the ground before letting you lot loose on the streets of Govan.

Happened at Easter Road when Hibs played the zombies. Must just be a coincidence though.

Was that the game when one of our supporters buses was bottled as your fans tried to hold it up in the middle of the road on the way in to ER, aye is that the game you mean!? Wee Angels!

At the same game, an older member of our club (in his 60's) was jostled and hassled as he knelt to check a slow puncture when he parked up. The reason? he was wearing his old Rangers scarf. Proper brave young warriors!!

The SLO has confirmed that it is in response to communication with supporters that don't bring their families to games at Rugby Park (especially evening games) that involve the Old Firm sides. Our home gate actually drops when Celtic or Rangers comes to town, and the club are looking at ways to entice those supporters back and make them feel more secure upon leaving the ground.

It's a small inconvenience that will please home supporters, so I'm glad the club are looking into these things. Provided the Rangers fans can behave themselves whilst waiting, it shouldn't be an issue at all.

With draws against Cowdenbeath, Kilmarnock and Dundee/Dumbarton at Ibrox, Rangers have certainly had more difficult ties en route to a Scottish Cup semi final. Would be very disappointing if Rangers were to fail to get there.

Not that these are easy games, as Kilmarnock have proven at the weekend but lets be honest Rangers should be clear favourites against any of these teams, particularly at Ibrox.

Sevco are fucking shit m8.

You really have to feel sorry for Kilmarnock r Rangers. Going through a replay knowing you're getting studded next round from Dindee. Sare ane.

Is that a nickname? Retro but I like it.

We'll have our new tactical wizard in place by then and you'll only take 3 off of us this time.

You really have to feel sorry for Kilmarnock r Rangers. Going through a replay knowing you're getting studded next round from Dindee.Sare ane.

Exactly, we're clear favourites to reach the semi's.

Put at risk! Whit in the name of the wee man are they expecting to happen?

If I go I'll be in the home end anyway so no fifteen minute wait for me.

That would make you a diehard Killie fan, then?

In all fairness, every club has morons amongst their support.

Was that the game when one of our supporters buses was bottled as your fans tried to hold it up in the middle of the road on the way in to ER, aye is that the game you mean!? Wee Angels!

At the same game, an older member of our club (in his 60's) was jostled and hassled as he knelt to check a slow puncture when he parked up. The reason? he was wearing his old Rangers scarf. Proper brave young warriors!!

A wee smidgin of acceptance there...

That would make you a diehard Killie fan, then?

In all fairness, every club has morons amongst their support.

A wee smidgin of acceptance there...

And in your case, Celtic got a right whalloper....

Archived