Rossvale fc - new signing

DOG'SBODY

Anyone who doesn't use this site wouldn't wouldn't know about anything other than their own club, and despite your misgivings the signing of ex senior players certainly does raise the profile of the juniors, that was proven given the number of times Tam McManus was in the national papers through here.

Although McManus's Gartcairn career was relatively short he did give the club loads of positive publicity, which for a new club was a master stroke from the people at Gartcairn.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking from a Gartcairn point of view then T McManus certainly did work out. He scored 3 goals in 4 league games plus many more in friendlies but he also attracted 3 or 4 of our current 1st team. He was also the main reason we sold in excess of 80 season tickets not to mention the training of the kids.

If Tam had not been injured he would have scored lots more goals and we would be in the top 3 at least in the league. Off the park and in the media he has given us and continues to give us excellent publicity.

Ps a player who has been in the MLS and played and scored against Rangers at Ibrox and Celtic at Parkhead is not a bad guy to have around

I felt that Petta was awful, and deserved to be hooked at half time. He found space well, but gave the ball away repeatedly.

I felt sorry for big JC. He pulled off 2 great saves, but his error for the first goal will be remembered. His left foot is a dangerous weapon in the junior game. Don't pass the ball back to his right! He had no chance with the other 2 goals. One was because of a fantastic left footed delivery from the right hand side, the other was a close range finish when the central defenders were posted missing.

Burgh fully deserved the win, in my opinion.

Not particularly into these ex pros in the junior grade, would rather see a young u19 player getting thrown into the mix,but hey I will try and be open-minded to the idea, and hopefully the initial buzz puts a few quid onto the gates for the coming weeks, after that these "back page" signings usually fizzle out but if it gives the junior grade a bit of exposure then that's good, and the younger players at these clubs can only learn from a seasoned ex pro

• 2 months later...

Is he still at the club? Did he play many games?

played 45 mins on his debut same game I made mine never been seen since. Got the club a lot of exposure though

Also he pulled his calf hence coming off at HT then when lauchy left he was never coming back as he was there for the management

Must be one of the first time you've stayed longer at a club than a fellow new signings!! :P

Archived