Hamilton v Dundee United 13/02/2016

I remember my trip to Hamilton earlier in the season all too vividly. Arrived 20 minutes late due to roadworks leaving Dundee, left 18 minutes early due to the tears clouding my vision and had to pay £130 for a new tyre as I fucked up one hitting the kerb in my desperation to get into the game. I'll skip over the actual game if you don't mind.

This is a far bigger game for us than it is for the hosts, I know they'll want to put clear water between themselves and 11th spot but they still have a lot of time to do it.

I'd be happy to see us start with the same 11 other than having Dixon in for Demel. Keep Fraser in reserve too.

I hope Hamilton play Imrie as his head won't be in the game.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember my trip to Hamilton earlier in the season all too vividly. Arrived 20 minutes late due to roadworks leaving Dundee, left 18 minutes early due to the tears clouding my vision and had to pay £130 for a new tyre as I fucked up one hitting the kerb in my desperation to get into the game. I'll skip over the actual game if you don't mind.

We left at 11am to get lunch in Auchterader and we got held up in traffic so much that we made it to the game (without going to Auchterader) with about 10 seconds to go before kick-off.

Probably the worst United performance I've ever seen in my life.

Another must win game here, same team as against killie. Imrie to score the winner against his future club.

Yeah, I can see that, as if you only draw, you'll be a mere 15 points ahead of us <_<

If United win, you never know, we all might start to believe it really is possible!

United's Keeper looks dodgy to say the least (based on watching limited highlights admittedly) so I'd be telling guys like Crawford and Kurtaj to shoot on sight.

The County building windows will be taking a pounding if Crawford is encouraged to shoot on sight. Don't know if United have turned the corner but their form has improved over the last few games, (well if you include their cup games) so a point wouldn't be a total disaster for us. You'd think a win would see us safe of finishing bottom however so hopefully we can secure the win.

I think we'll win but I don't know how Canning will set the team up as there are a few wee issues.

Firstly, the 5 at the back seems to be doing well for us in terms of stopping us leak goals but United's issues lie in defence and 5-4-1 leaves us with very little up top to cause them problems.

MacKinnon being suspended will probably allow Gillespie to fill in but he's been off the boil for far too long now. The issue is we don't have another midfielder capable of breaking up play. I'd like to see Docherty play but he can't play alongside Crawford so it'd have to be in place of him (never gonna happen) or instead of Imrie who's probably been our best player this season.

Up front is a strange one. I doubt he'd start Diaby on his debut but the other 3 haven't been up to scratch.

Given Murray's effectiveness over the last couple of games you would be hard pressed to find a reason to drop him.

Is Ofere even fit to start?

That's why I said if fit.

Didn't think Murray offered much on Saturday to be honest. Was a completely different game to Kilmarnock and Celtic where we needed strikers to hold ball up and win fouls. Along with his running which he done well. Hamilton will be the same, a physical game.

I have thought Simon has been good last few games don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be disappointed if he did start. Just an opinion id rather play ofere ("if fit") before Murray.

I'm at the stage where I'm starting to feel a wee bit optimistic about United but also expecting to have this optimism crushed at any moment.

Fraser in for Dow is the only change I'd like to see us make. Ofere on the bench, although if he is to start I'd honestly rather it was for McKay. He's been quiet the last couple of games and I feel like Murray's work rate and closing down defenders has been setting the tone for the whole team.

We've had a few shocking performances at Hamilton over the last few years but f**k it...

0-2 Murray & Spittal

Archived