R. County (Your County! A'body's County!) vs Hearts

A midweek trip in February up to Dingwall. If you can do it here then you can do it anywhere, it is the ultimate test of footballing ability.

The pitch looked absolutely dreadful against Linlithgow Rose. Hopefully it'll be a leveller and drag Hearts down because I don't feel particularly confident about this one. The top three in this league are a level above everyone else at the moment.

By all accounts Hearts absolutely 'streamrollered' over County's midfield down at Tynecastle, and the same thing happened last time out in Dingwall. As a result I'd like to see McIntyre go with the 3 in centre midfield (although I expect him to continue with the 4-4-2):

Fox

Fraser Quinn Davies Foster

McShane

Gardyne Irvine Woods De Vita

Schalk

Woods, Robertson, Reckord, Murdoch, Franks, Boyce, Graham

I'm not really a big fan of having two right-footers playing on the left but until Jamie Reckord ups his game I guess I just need to suck it up and #dealwithit

Would take a draw. Expect both teams to score.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a few injuries for us today.

Ozturk, Buaben, Nicholson, Pallardo, and Djoum could all struggle to make it for Wednesday, and Rossi is still suspended - quite a few bookings today as well, actually.

I would now seriously consider playing Liam Smith ahead of Oshaniwa - Souttar could come into contention too.

Great moves letting Gomis and King go on loan. :angry:

County have only gone 4-1-4-1 against Celtic, but I wouldn't be averse to Woods coming back in to make the three in central midfield. County were outclassed at Tynecastle, with Hearts winning all the individual battles when both teams played 4-4-2. Schalk's pace can make up for the lack of numbers sometimes.

Pretty much agree with the line up in the OP. Schalk deserves to keep his place, he is getting better with each game and gets himself into good positions. The extra man in midfield is fine as long as it is wide men playing on the wings and not a central midfield player (Murdoch and Quinn in the past).

No idea what has happened to Reckord but his confidence looks shot atm; however I like Foster, for me he has been our most consistent fullback and probably one of our most consistent players all season.

With the talk above of all the injuries and suspensions are we likely to see "wee" Don Cowie make an appearance at the GES.

One for the Hearts fans, how did Douda look against Hibs - I know its you tube but he looked decent, fast and powerful. Thought I would have a look prior to him running at our defence.

Buaben went off injured today - unlikely to be fit for Dingwall, imo.

Suspended, too.

Ross & Augustyn being suspended is good news for County. If Djoum is injured, County will never have a better chance of getting a win - (tempered by recent history of being comfortably beaten in the other two games).

So, Augustyn, Rossi, and Buaben suspended, with Ozturk struggling - sounds like Djoum, Nicholson, and Pallardo will make it, despite taking heavy knocks on Sunday.

We should be reasonable mid to front, but short at the back - any four from Paterson, Oshaniwa, McGhee, Souttar, and Liam Smith.

I'd be tempted to go with big Callum at centre-half, tbh.

Alexander

Smith - Paterson - McGhee - Oshaniwa

Cowie - Djoum - Pallardo - Nicholson

Dauda - Juanma

Subs: Hamilton, Souttar, Beith, Walker, Reilly, Zanatta, El Hass.

:wacko:

Alexander

Paterson Mcghee Souttar Oshiniwa

Walker Cowie Djoum/Pallardo Zanatta

Reilly Juanma

Would rather not play anyone if they've taken a knock. I'd like to think that team would be enough to give county a game with Sam Dauda Djoum/Pallardo if needed.

So, Augustyn, Rossi, and Buaben suspended, with Ozturk struggling - sounds like Djoum, Nicholson, and Pallardo will make it, despite taking heavy knocks on Sunday.

We should be reasonable mid to front, but short at the back - any four from Paterson, Oshaniwa, McGhee, Souttar, and Liam Smith.

I'd be tempted to go with big Callum at centre-half, tbh.

Alexander

Smith - Paterson - McGhee - Oshaniwa

Cowie - Djoum - Pallardo - Nicholson

Dauda - Juanma

Think this will be the starters

Archived