goal and no goal? v shettleston

lokforever

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think its hard for the ref to give it if he's not 100% sure and he's not in the greatest position to see it. For me questions need to be asked about the keeper and why he's not able to adjust hos feet quicker and make an easy save...

Even if the part of the ball touching the ground is over the line it is not "clearly" a goal.

The diameter of a ball is around 22cm.

That means the ball has to be more than 11 cm beyond the line where it touches the ground for it to be a goal.

Some real thickos on here

Even if the part of the ball touching the ground is over the line it is not "clearly" a goal.

The diameter of a ball is around 22cm.

That means the ball has to be more than 11 cm beyond the line where it touches the ground for it to be a goal.

Some real thickos on here

i was in line with it the ball was at least half a yard over the line and assistant was 15 yards behind the play

Nothing the mater with my eye sight.

Whole ball has to cross the line, certainly doesn't look that way to me ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1454782944.494698.jpg

the ball hasn't yet touched the ground in your still if it had it would show it was well over the line. Good luck to Pollok you got the breaks . Town still waiting on a break from officials as we have lost a lot of games this season on poor decisions

i was in line with it the ball was at least half a yard over the line and assistant was 15 yards behind the play

So the video and pictures that don't show that must be doctored?

I am sure there are many in the ground who thought it was over the line and I agree the assistant was behind play - but she would have been in line with the last defender looking for offsite so there is no way she would have expected to be on the bye line to make that call.

The reality is it looks very close to the line, and you could argue either way if the full ball crosses the line, but it certainly isn't at least half a yard as you put it.

Was good to see your keeper make the blunder that cost you the game.

So the video and pictures that don't show that must be doctored?

I am sure there are many in the ground who thought it was over the line and I agree the assistant was behind play - but she would have been in line with the last defender looking for offsite so there is no way she would have expected to be on the bye line to make that call.

The reality is it looks very close to the line, and you could argue either way if the full ball crosses the line, but it certainly isn't at least half a yard as you put it.

Was good to see your keeper make the blunder that cost you the game.

the keeper who you say blundered was struggling with injury to his chest...a few minutes before the goal he was clearly elbowed in the chest by davie winters in an off the ball incident....another big decision the ref seemed to miss

I'm not talking about the goal that wasn't giving or the winters goal in particular. If memory serves me right I don't think the Rob Roy highlights went up at all when played at newlandsfiend for some strange reason.

i'm thinking that your memory is not serving you too well at all.

the keeper who you say blundered was struggling with injury to his chest...a few minutes before the goal he was clearly elbowed in the chest by davie winters in an off the ball incident....another big decision the ref seemed to miss

I recall an off the ball assault by the keeper on winters in the game last season.

The clash between Winters and the keeper you refer to was when both were going for a ball at a corner and arms are up to help people jump would be surprised if Winters swung an elbow as didn't look like that from where I was in line with the box. But the footage may show different.

The clear off the ball incident that the ref got wrong was the failure to send off your sub for throwing the ball at Hanlon when down on the ground.

I recall an off the ball assault by the keeper on winters in the game last season.

The clash between Winters and the keeper you refer to was when both were going for a ball at a corner and arms are up to help people jump would be surprised if Winters swung an elbow as didn't look like that from where I was in line with the box. But the footage may show different.

The clear off the ball incident that the ref got wrong was the failure to send off your sub for throwing the ball at Hanlon when down on the ground.

aye he gave wints 3 rapid 2 elbows to the chest and a backhander to the face

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1454782407.440353.jpg

That far over it nearly hit the net - what a load of rubbish

The whole ball has to clear the line, certainly doesn't look like it did to me

looking at that picture and zooming in and in the rules the ball has to completely cross the line then I'd say it was no goal

Baring in mind the fuzziness of the pic it could still well have been in, some refs would have given it some not I'd prob say more not so, but then where was the great linesman we have or was it.... the ref is the ref and nothing else matters

looking at that picture and zooming in and in the rules the ball has to completely cross the line then I'd say it was no goal

Baring in mind the fuzziness of the pic it could still well have been in, some refs would have given it some not I'd prob say more not so, but then where was the great linesman we have or was it.... the ref is the ref and nothing else matters

What's the assistant going to be able to do in that situation?

The ball is struck 20+ yards out, the Pollok defence is just inside their box - so the lines women was rightly in line with them to call offside.

She did run towards the corner when the ball was struck but was never going to looking along the line, so only as good a view as the ref.

End of the day the picture / video looks inconclusive and no one can be certain it fully crossed the line, so the officials got the decision correct IMO and don't deserved criticism for that call.

Archived