Willie McGuire - Airdrie

Fucksake, I thought he was deid there! I work beside his Mrs and she hasn't mentioned it. So if Wullie is still alive or not, I'd start on you tube. What that man can do with a malteser is unbelievable.Then go on to his career actually playing. Wullie was beyond good, an archetypal tanner ba' player, but effective.

After that his, and his family's efforts to save Airdrie were what kept the rest of us going. Absolute Legend.

After that his, and his family's efforts to save Airdrie were what kept the rest of us going. Absolute Legend.

It'll never be forgotten just who out real allies were.

Onto McGuire the player, he worked for Davidsons cash and carry whilst a parttimer, he delivered meri mates and loads of other unhealthy crap to the school tuckshop back in th early80s when he was starring for us. Great ambassador for the club.

In a recent fans v legends charity game he was still great even in his late

50s. The cheeky wee shit even bet his team mates a tenner he could win a penalty. You can guess the outcome...

Remember watching him V The Pars many moons ago, Airdrie won 6-3 at EEP. Willie was unplayable, he totally ripped the Pars to shreds that day. Even if its your team being roasted, it's sometimes a real pleasure to watch someone put on a performance like that.

Archived