Airdrie v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The match thread is getting like a stand-off every week. Everybody seems to be biding their time to see who bites first.

Will EWB stick with the same team that won last week or will he change it to suit a more attacking style of play? Based on the Dunfermline game, we appear to have sorted out the issues we were having at the back so I see no reason why we shouldn't play a more attacking style of football on Saturday. We are capable of scoring 2 or 3 goals but can we keep a clean sheet in consecutive games?

When you're on a one game win streak you're resurgent! :)

Thinking Esposito will get a chance at some point.

Esposito linked up well with Prunty in the 20s on Tuesday night but I wouldn't drop Lister. I think if we go with 2 up front it may be Lister and Esposito. Certainly gives us options though.

Wondering what direction we are going. I think it's inevitable that we're going to end up playing the 4231 (which is actually a 433 with a double pivot in midfield) and that Lister and Prunty will be surplus.

Till the end of this season I'd have thought that either Lister or Mackin would be the regular no.9 with a combination of Cox, Watt, Cadden, Esposito and Bain filling the 7, 10 and 11 roles. Not sure where Prunty now fits in at all other than depth and cheerleading. Bain doesn't profile to me as suitable in either of those 3 roles either, alright as a stopgap...

Good to see us Cowden fans brimming with confidence before this one! No idea how we'll do - all depends on whether Gibbons slots into the midfield well I presume. With Caldwell and Spence up front we are always likely to score goals so I'm expecting a high scoring affair here.

A famous 5-8 win for the Blue Brazil. Spence, Brett and Caldwell to all score hat tricks.

You absolutely scudded us at CP in December, but I don't think we could play that badly again if we tried. Optimism is high after a great win at Dunfermline and a tidal wave of good news coming out the club. Going for a 3-0 home win to make amends for the last one.

Good to see us Cowden fans brimming with confidence before this one! No idea how we'll do - all depends on whether Gibbons slots into the midfield well I presume. With Caldwell and Spence up front we are always likely to score goals so I'm expecting a high scoring affair here.

A famous 5-8 win for the Blue Brazil. Spence, Brett and Caldwell to all score hat tricks.

The Stranraer game must have brought everyone back down to earth. Airdrie will be on a high after their usual routine win against the Pars but Cowden will cause them problems. Will Gibbons be on from the start or will he have to spend some time on the bench?

If everyone is fit I'm sure we won't be far away. We can't drop any more silly points.

Archived