Standard

sctv

It's mooted that some of the top ammy clubs pay players more than Junior players. So with PAYE would some ammy clubs want a crack at the Super League?

What do you mean mooted just look at our neighbours from two cups one village country aye their amateur team disny getpaid aye right.

What do you mean mooted just look at our neighbours from two cups one village country aye their amateur team disny getpaid aye right.

My local amateur team are maybe more typical in that they pay to play. However, being in the arse end of nowhere, they also pay towards travel, all in £400 a year I believe.

I was in attendance at the Harestanes v Girvan game that was in question. The amateurs were shown up big time that day imo, by a more average Junior side.

The difference between the two teams was the discipline, in terms of positioning, shape and organisation on the pitch. Yes Harestanes were missing a couple of bodies, but the junior side were comfortable in there victory and looked as if they couldve stepped up a gear if required.

The Amateurs were looking to catch the Juniors on the counter, or to score via a set piece, penalty etc. Very rarely troubling Girvan from what I remember.

Yes, this was only one example, but I think it would've been interesting if they were to have been playing a Linlithgow or a Talbot.

That was my view of the game as well, a very average Junior side saw off the Amateur Cup winners.

Fitness is a key factor, organisation as well. however as someone else said, overall I think the bottom end of the Juniors is not much different from the very top end Amateur.

What's the deal with Colville Park anyway? Hear a lot of people talk about them quite a lot...have they got a team full of players who get paid (unofficially of course) or what's the deal?

Also I know a LOT of players that choose to play amateur because it's a laugh with their mates, they could easily cut it at junior and a lot of them have proven that before.

In a general context the Biggest difference between playing junior and amateur is dedication.

Standard wise the top junior sides can beat the arse end of senior football, same again in terms of the top amateurs can easily defeat the lower levels of junior football and likewise top Sunday league outfits can defeat lower amateur teams easily .

However I know lots of amateur players with ability but loads of them like the drink too much and don't want to train and would rather go on the bevy the night before games than think of football first , not saying they're all like that but junior players in general tend to have more discipline than amateur ones and it's probably comparable to the discipline that senior players show over junior players.

It's all about a pecking order here and most footballers from senior to junior to amateur to Sunday league find their chosen level through a multitude of reasons , some reasons are ability wise , others are lifestyle wise and others may well be family / work commitment wise, the most important issue is to enjoy the level you play at and do your best . :)

What's the deal with Colville Park anyway? Hear a lot of people talk about them quite a lot...have they got a team full of players who get paid (unofficially of course) or what's the deal?

Also I know a LOT of players that choose to play amateur because it's a laugh with their mates, they could easily cut it at junior and a lot of them have proven that before.

As most grass parks might struggle to survive the current precipitation,why not go along to the K park tomorrow and judge for yourself as Colville face an EK side that hit Eddlewood for 7 in the last round of the Scottish? :)

In a general context the Biggest difference between playing junior and amateur is dedication.

Standard wise the top junior sides can beat the arse end of senior football, same again in terms of the top amateurs can easily defeat the lower levels of junior football and likewise top Sunday league outfits can defeat lower amateur teams easily .

However I know lots of amateur players with ability but loads of them like the drink too much and don't want to train and would rather go on the bevy the night before games than think of football first , not saying they're all like that but junior players in general tend to have more discipline than amateur ones and it's probably comparable to the discipline that senior players show over junior players.

It's all about a pecking order here and most footballers from senior to junior to amateur to Sunday league find their chosen level through a multitude of reasons , some reasons are ability wise , others are lifestyle wise and others may well be family / work commitment wise, the most important issue is to enjoy the level you play at and do your best . :)

Good post bud. ;)

Agree, very good post.

On a personal level it was only skill, technical abillity,pace,creme eggs,the only chinese resturaunt opening in the town, pool,darts,domino's,a shilling in ma pocket and cumnock dance on a Friday night that held me back!!!.......haha.

Vodka and orange anybody?.....yuk!

Am just back from watching pollok ams v broomhouse in the Scottish cup,,,a few good player s playing,,,but if it was a junior match, it would,,have finished like a 5 aside game, some of the tackling was horrendous,plus the amount of off the ball incidents,,was terrible,, 3_0 pollok,, n fairness 2 nd n 3 rd goals were great strikes

Archived