All Hail (Hail) Ronnie!

Ronnie gets manager of the month for January.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35471892

To be fair, Celtic were excellent through most of January, which is why I was absolutely shitting it for Saturday.

I'm just a bit smug about this given Sunday's result.

If this isnt worth a thread of its own and I've missed somewhere more relevant to put it, feel free to move.

ETA: After the game a hell of a lot of folk were saying that Ronnie would be out. Do Celtic fans still feel that way, or has it calmed down a bit and the likes of the January performances maybe show that he is building something?

To be fair, Celtic were excellent through most of January, which is why I was absolutely shitting it for Saturday.

If this isnt worth a thread of its own and I've missed somewhere more relevant to put it, feel free to move.

ETA: After the game a hell of a lot of folk were saying that Ronnie would be out. Do Celtic fans still feel that way, or has it calmed down a bit and the likes of the January performances maybe show that he is building something?

A lot of Celtic fans I know personally and from what I am seeing on social media want him out. I have been vocal in my support of Deila as I felt he needed to be given time before we could jump to any conclusions, and the last few weeks we had been looking good, pretty much similar to how we ended last season, but after Sunday we yet again come up short when it comes to a "big" game. It's a record you can't defend. I still fancy us for the Double, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was off in the summer.

To answer your question. People get emotional - we played really well, but lost our heads after the suspension. In the league we've been brilliant since New Year's. Don't think fans will be fully onboard with Ronny again until he qualifies to the CL though to be honest.

A lot of Celtic fans I know personally and from what I am seeing on social media want him out. I have been vocal in my support of Deila as I felt he needed to be given time before we could jump to any conclusions, and the last few weeks we had been looking good, pretty much similar to how we ended last season, but after Sunday we yet again come up short when it comes to a "big" game. It's a record you can't defend. I still fancy us for the Double, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was off in the summer.

To answer your question. People get emotional - we played really well, but lost our heads after the suspension. In the league we've been brilliant since New Year's. Don't think fans will be fully onboard with Ronny again until he qualifies to the CL though to be honest.

Outside looking in, those/that looks the most reasonable take on it.

He ticks a lot of boxes, but cant seem to win the big games that matter, not sure if that's down to an inability to instill the right mentality in the squad, or if his tactics and personnel changes can be naive, but it does seem to be a failing.

Edit - Haha! Wrote "instability" instead of "inability", wasnt a freudian slip, I dont think Ronnie is unstable! :ph34r:

Outside looking in, those/that looks the most reasonable take on it.

He ticks a lot of boxes, but cant seem to win the big games that matter, not sure if that's down to an inability to instill the right mentality in the squad, or if his tactics and personnel changes can be naive, but it does seem to be a failing.

Edit - Haha! Wrote "instability" instead of "inability", wasnt a freudian slip, I dont think Ronnie is unstable! :ph34r:

He's also had some back luck and he's been forced to play Efe tbf. Molde and Malmo away are both on him though as far as I'm concerned. I also like the guy and his ideas I and want him to succeed, but he'll have to do better next year in Europe

He's also had some back luck and he's been forced to play Efe tbf. Molde and Malmo away are both on him though as far as I'm concerned. I also like the guy and his ideas I and want him to succeed, but he'll have to do better next year in Europe

I am not a huge Efe fan, but I do think he is often used as a convenient scapegoat which can be unfair, but all that aside, if Efe is truly as rotten as some make out, you can hardly say Deila has been "forced" to play him. Europe is what worries me. If we finishing strongly and do complete the Double then some could argue that he has deserved another season, however we cannot afford a third failed European campaign. We need to show a real improvement European wise, otherwise that's what will happen.

I am not a huge Efe fan, but I do think he is often used as a convenient scapegoat which can be unfair, but all that aside, if Efe is truly as rotten as some make out, you can hardly say Deila has been "forced" to play him. Europe is what worries me. If we finishing strongly and do complete the Double then some could argue that he has deserved another season, however we cannot afford a third failed European campaign. We need to show a real improvement European wise, otherwise that's what will happen.

If we win the league and the Scottish he'll have more doubles than Lennon did... would definitely deserve one last go. As for Efe he's played when either Boyata or Jozo has been injured. With big Erik in and Charlie fit again I don't think Efe will get a lot of game time from now on.

Archived