The January Transfer Window - are you satisfied?

As it says on the tin - are you happy with your club's business over the transfer window? I know things like deadline day won't really affect these League 1 jobbers (players can be moved around pretty easily outside the window) but regardless, what have you made of your manager's movements?

I'm pretty indifferent about Stenhousemuir's business. We badly needed a new goalkeeper and we got one in the shape of Graham Bowman, signed on loan from Falkirk. The guy might be a bit of a weapon away from the football pitch but he's looked okay so far and he kept a clean sheet on his debut against Forfar Athletic. And that's pretty much it (other than extending Lewis Small's loan until the end of the season).

I was hoping we would have brought in some defensive cover, another wide player as competition for Alan Cook and Mark Gilhaney, and a striker (with Jason Scotland and Allan Smith out injured, we only really have Colin McMenamin up top). But the way things are, I didn't really expect anything else to come in. Our squad is probably good enough to avoid the relegation play-offs but probably a bit short to really push for the top four.

Templeman and Nicholl out (alongside Douglas's departure in December) and Spark, Rodger and Ryan in certainly brings the squad average age down but you'd be hard pushed to describe it as great business.

We needed another striker, probably a target man and so far, at least, we haven't got one in. That being the case don't see anything other than the continuation of our inability to score.

Templeman and Nicholl out (alongside Douglas's departure in December) and Spark, Rodger and Ryan in certainly brings the squad average age down but you'd be hard pushed to describe it as great business.

We needed another striker, probably a target man and so far, at least, we haven't got one in. That being the case don't see anything other than the continuation of our inability to score.

Also, loan deals for Black and Rose ended in January.

Scott Martin's loan deal extended to the end of the season - could be one of our best bits of business.

And Rab's replacement Darren Hill signed...

Agree about the striker and we'd need Danny to get back to his early season form and Omar to get back to his end of last season form to help with creating chances.

Edited due to fat finger syndrome!!

Fairly happy with our business albeit the new players that have arrived in January haven't been here long enough to really do much.

Happy that we got rid of the dead weight (Sumsky, Hunter, Morton, McAleer, Smith and McBride to coaching) and brought in seemingly superior replacements.

Reasonably pleased with our business but too early to say how good the players we've brought in are.

Got rid of some deadwood, which was much needed.

EWB clearly identified where we needed to make additions and he's addressed that. It was a shambles not starting the season without a proper left - back and we can already see from Friday night the difference, from MacDonald's performance.

We badly needed to bring in someone in midfield. Faria was decent enough on Friday though still too early to say if he's the answer. Signing him on a 2 and a half year deal was also mental.

Haven't seen enough of Mackin yet to judge him but it's good that we brought in someone else upfront as it was one of the main weaknesses earlier in the season. Lister's return also makes us stronger in that area.

Esposito is a random punt that may work out or may not.

Pleasing that our main rivals for 4th haven't got stronger - Rovers are considerably weaker now.

As it says on the tin - are you happy with your club's business over the transfer window? I know things like deadline day won't really affect these League 1 jobbers (players can be moved around pretty easily outside the window) but regardless, what have you made of your manager's movements?

I don't have precise details, but I assume he's called Jobby for a good reason.

We're definitely weaker than we were at Christmas time. Lost our best defender, not sure about McKay yet. MAC was a waste of a signing but had to go. We brought in a nobody from United to fill the bench. Another reserve midfielder yay!

Simon Mensing is training with us, hopefully we can get him on a six game loan, would be a good addition in midfield or at centre half. We need a no nonsense dirty player in midfield for when we get bullied at bit. We rely far too much on Geggan, if he was to get injured we would be in trouble.

Edit:Now we've signed Reid I'm happier. Still think we need a midfielder and if we can afford it a target man.

Can't complain too much with Stevenson, still expecting 2 in as well, probably another midfielder and defender with Stevo taking up an advanced role.

Has there been indication that McCall will be adding to the squad? He seemed to indicate the other week the size of the squad was fine.

Meh. Happy with the signing of Stevenson and happy that Adams, Moore and Preston are staying till the end of the season however would have liked to see a couple of more bodies added and from what I've heard that will not be happening.

Meh. Happy with the signing of Stevenson and happy that Adams, Moore and Preston are staying till the end of the season however would have liked to see a couple of more bodies added and from what I've heard that will not be happening.

To be fair, the quality over quantity tactic seems to be working for you so far.

Archived