St Mirren v Queenies 6/2/16

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alloa really that bad?

They aren't the worst team I have ever seen, they caused us more problems on Saturday than they did just before Christmas. They are just lacking that wee bit of know how, they gifted us 2 goals at the weekend that I don't think any other team in the league would have.

They will still give teams a tough game, especially at home but i'll be surprised if they finish within less than 6 points of 9th place.

Queens won 5-3 in Paisley in a memorable cup match, think it was a quarter final on the way to winning what is now the Ramsdens Cup back in 2002 over Brechin at Broadwood.

That was a sickener for us but looking back it was a cracking game. We gave a debut to one of the worst ever footballers to grace Paisley, think he lasted 2 games before disappearing. Think his name was Klaus Deitrich or something like that.

A great game that night that I think was Robbie Neilsons debut or if not one of his first games for us. That steep stand we were housed in behind the goals that night was one of the best stands for viewing football in Scotland.

Aye the Caley Stand wasn't for someone with Acrophobia.

I too was at the "Charlie Adam game". It was one of my first time knowingly encountering #scenes at a football match. I'm sure Macpherson and Millen were on the pitch celebrating that goal.

As already stated that stand behind the goals at Love Street was one of the best views in Scottish football, second only to Tynecastle from my experience.

Pretty sure there was a video of it on youtube, can't find it though, #scenes indeed. Think I won my first ever football bet that day, had him as first goal scorer but had to do it in a shop because they were the only bookies that offered goalscoring odds on St Mirren games back then.

Really do miss Love St :bairn .

That was a sickener for us but looking back it was a cracking game. We gave a debut to one of the worst ever footballers to grace Paisley, think he lasted 2 games before disappearing. Think his name was Klaus Deitrich or something like that.

Gerhard Fellner?

Match report from our website is here: http://www.qosarchive.co.uk/270802.htm

OH CHRIST, aye that's him.

Didn't even know there was a gas explosion before the game that night :lol: . It was a total pumping, 5-3 actually flattered us.

I don't know if it was an explosion as much as gas cannisters had been damaged and there was a fear they might explode.

Fellner played for us in the 3-2 win the Saturday before against Clyde (Mendes hat-trick) and that 5-3 game before going elsewhere. Dietrich pitched up for the Saturday against Caley Thistle when we got gubbed 4-0, which ended Tom Hendrie's time in charge.

Cant see anything other than a Saints win , no disrespect to Queens intended Alex Rae has improved things at long last for us a long with a few decent signings.

Dumfries might be a different matter though.

Your unimproved team had a pretty comfortable win in Dumfries earlier in the season.

I don't know if it was an explosion as much as gas cannisters had been damaged and there was a fear they might explode.

Fellner played for us in the 3-2 win the Saturday before against Clyde (Mendes hat-trick) and that 5-3 game before going elsewhere. Dietrich pitched up for the Saturday against Caley Thistle when we got gubbed 4-0, which ended Tom Hendrie's time in charge.

My memory is that Fellner actually played really well in his first game for us, making his subsequent performance very disappointing. As for Deitrich, I believe it was straight off the plane, straight into a strip, straight on a plane home again :( +

I'm going for a narrow 2-1 to the Saints, with Clarkson continuing from his impressive enough debut by scoring the winner :thumsup2

Any chance of this game being in doubt? Heavy rain forecast tonight and tomorrow.

Certainly possible if the current weather continues overnight. When the game was first scheduled I was hoping it would be called off cause of how bad we were, and it was. I'm hoping it's on tomorrow. We are certainly a better team now than we were then, and better than when we won 2-0 in Dumfries in September. We're not great by any measure, just better than we were.

Rae's won 3 of his first 5 league games, not bad considering Murray won 2 out of 16. However 2 of Rae's win were against Alloa and 1 of them was against Morton. The former will finish 10th and the latter are...well the latter are Morton. They never beat us no matter who's in charge.

I think we've had a good window, I expect Clarkson, Irvine and Quinn to all start tomorrow. They're all good experienced players at this level and their arrival seems to have given the team a bit of a lift.

We will definitely get a good idea how the remainder of our season is going to pan out after this double header. An unlikely late charge for 4th, a scramble to avoid 9th, or mid table obscurity. I think the latter is the most likely and that would be fine by me.

Will go for 1-1.

I spent the first couple of months of the season fully expecting St Mirren to recover and put together a decent run.

By November though, I'd stopped as they just kept hobbling along.

I do worry now though, that it might yet happen.

It's really not inconceivable that they'll beat us twice in the next week, transforming their position in relation to us.

Right now, I'd take three points from the two games as a decent return. Two obviously wouldn't be a disaster either, but it would undo the advantage we've gained over Raith and Morton a bit.

I spent the first couple of months of the season fully expecting St Mirren to recover and put together a decent run.

By November though, I'd stopped as they just kept hobbling along.

I do worry now though, that it might yet happen.

It's really not inconceivable that they'll beat us twice in the next week, transforming their position in relation to us.

Right now, I'd take three points from the two games as a decent return. Two obviously wouldn't be a disaster either, but it would undo the advantage we've gained over Raith and Morton a bit.

The mediocrity of the middle pack means anyone that can put a run together has a good stab at fourth. St Mirren have as good a chance as anyone I feel.

The mediocrity of the middle pack means anyone that can put a run together has a good stab at fourth. St Mirren have as good a chance as anyone I feel.

They dont have as good a chance as anyone because they are seven points adrift. However they are certainly not out of it either.

2 or 3 points for us from the two games would be ok. Anything better would be excellent, anything less would be disappointing and bring them very much into it.

Any chance of this game being in doubt? Heavy rain forecast tonight and tomorrow.

Absolutely no danger of it being off.

My memory is that Fellner actually played really well in his first game for us, making his subsequent performance very disappointing. As for Deitrich, I believe it was straight off the plane, straight into a strip, straight on a plane home again :( +

I'm going for a narrow 2-1 to the Saints, with Clarkson continuing from his impressive enough debut by scoring the winner :thumsup2

Yeah, Fellner was decent against Clyde when we won 3-2. No nonsense stuff, just got rid of it - almost a bit too willing to boot it out at times. Was shaky against Queens, although scored, and I was disappointed when we didn't sign him.

I've heard the same story about Dietrich, no idea if it was true. I'd love to read (or even write myself) an article with a few of the players covering from about 1998 to Gus taking over just to see what the hell was going on at times. You'd have survival at Stirling, the title season, the SPL year and then Hendrie going into meltdown. If nothing else, it would be a chance to find out the nonsense behind the Paeslack and Dietrich stories.

Archived