Ross County v Linlithgow Rose

Auld Heid

So jealous of County getting a junior team. Not due to the level of opposition, just a nice change from the norm, whilst we have to do our usual beat fellow Premiership teams on our way to another victory in the final.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like the Highland League without the Cheucters. Sake man. It's no that long ago you were diddies too.

I've had my eyes opened.

Today I've learned that Linlithgow Rose are in the East Region Superleague, that there are four divisions in the East Region, including, bizarrely, a North Division and South Division; that the North Region has a Superleague and, confusingly, East and West Divisions; and the West Region has a Superleague that consists of a Premier Division and First Division, with supplementary District Divisions.

And that McBookie is everywhere.

A Scottish cup last 16 game against Premiership opposition, where does this rank for Linlithgow fans?

Hard to say. It'll rank if we get a result of some description but if we get pumped by goals then it'll be remembered as the bridge too far. The process of getting to this stage will be remembered though! For me the Queens game when we first came into the competition is still a highlight although this might eclipse it. Anyway, Aberdeen would love this draw!

The 2-1 game v Buckie was a narrow escape for us if I recall. The 4-1 score line v Deveronvale flattered us too.

In saying that we cruised past Stirling Albion with a 9-0 win and who remembers the game v Whitehill Welfare back in the Highland League days. I wont mention that score for fear of frightening any LR supporters.

To be honest we should be looking a cricket score, and I say that without wishing to sound disrespectful to the opposition. If we play fast flowing football and utilise the wide areas then it will be a long trip back down the A9 for the away team.

The 2-1 game v Buckie was a narrow escape for us if I recall. The 4-1 score line v Deveronvale flattered us too.

In saying that we cruised past Stirling Albion with a 9-0 win and who remembers the game v Whitehill Welfare back in the Highland League days. I wont mention that score for fear of frightening any LR supporters.

To be honest we should be looking a cricket score, and I say that without wishing to sound disrespectful to the opposition. If we play fast flowing football and utilise the wide areas then it will be a long trip back down the A9 for the away team.

I hate that term run up a cricket score. What shitey cricket do you have to watch to see a team score four to eight runs?

We never played Whitehill as a non league side. You're probably thinking of St Cuthbert Wanderers who we beat 11-0.

BungleBonce: The two nearest Junior sides to us would be Inverness City and Nairn St Ninians. Inverness City are now in the North Superleague while Nairn are in the First Division West. The North is the weakest of the Junior regions, mainly as the Highland League scoops up the majority of the best players.

We will come more in hope than expectation - knowing the pressure is all on Ross County. You never know as the old adage says football is a funny old game.

One thing for certain - we will enjoy our day out

So are the Juniors basically like those teams in the Highland League that have no ambition to get promoted to the senior leagues? Always seemed odd to me that not all clubs would welcome a proper pyramid in Scottish football.

Anyway, I was delighted with the draw when it was made. Even more so now that it's Linlithgow that have made it through. Although I would have preferred it to be an away tie - it's always nice to get an away day somewhere different.

I'm wary of being over-confident as we almost came a cropper against Dunfermline in the last round, but really we should be looking for a comfortable winning margin. Something like the Stirling Albion 9-0 victory in 2009/2010 would be especially nice.

I'm going to head up for this, but Linlithgow fans should take hope from the fact the last five times I've seen County play in Dingwall we've lost 2-1 :unsure2:

I hate that term run up a cricket score. What shitey cricket do you have to watch to see a team score four to eight runs?

We never played Whitehill as a non league side. You're probably thinking of St Cuthbert Wanderers who we beat 11-0.

BungleBonce: The two nearest Junior sides to us would be Inverness City and Nairn St Ninians. Inverness City are now in the North Superleague while Nairn are in the First Division West. The North is the weakest of the Junior regions, mainly as the Highland League scoops up the majority of the best players.

You are indeed correct, I meant to say St Cuthberts Wanderers. The Whitehill Welfare game provided Gary Miller with his first goal for County. A good one to.

I think most people use the term cricket score. I could of course say rugby score, or any other sport score. I think people get the drift though.

Archived