Ross County v Linlithgow Rose

Auld Heid

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might go to this lads. Been to plenty of junior games before but only involving north region teams. Only team I've seen from the east or west was Hurlford last season when they bummed Clach 7-1 in Inverness.

Stuff the programme.

We have a game and a great day out to look forward to tomorrow. Bus leaves at 8.30 so should be in Dingwall in time for a few beers if someone will buy them for me?

Sorted for you!!

I didn't realise until earlier today that County play Hearts and Celtic on the Wednesday and Saturday after this cup tie. A couple of changes might not be a bad idea.

Something like this is strong but also gives key players a rest:

Fox

Fraser Quinn Boyd Reckord

Franks Woods Murdoch Gardyne

Graham Schalk

Subs: Woods, Foster, Robertson, McShane, De Vita, Boyce, Dingwall/Morrison

Plenty of options on that bench: give Boyce some minutes whilst resting Schalk; replace Gardyne with De Vita; and probably, maybe, replace Woods late on with McShane.

I'd like to see Boyce start tomorrow. I reckon he could score quite a few. I'd also wager De Vita will start too.

So are the Juniors basically like those teams in the Highland League that have no ambition to get promoted to the senior leagues? Always seemed odd to me that not all clubs would welcome a proper pyramid in Scottish football.

Anyway, I was delighted with the draw when it was made. Even more so now that it's Linlithgow that have made it through. Although I would have preferred it to be an away tie - it's always nice to get an away day somewhere different.

I'm wary of being over-confident as we almost came a cropper against Dunfermline in the last round, but really we should be looking for a comfortable winning margin. Something like the Stirling Albion 9-0 victory in 2009/2010 would be especially nice.

I'm going to head up for this, but Linlithgow fans should take hope from the fact the last five times I've seen County play in Dingwall we've lost 2-1 :unsure2:

Junior teams would love to join a fair & proper pyramid & not the carve up self preservation society it is just now . But that's been debated before & can't be arsed going back over it

Really looking forward to this game, just something different.

I have no idea what kind of team we will put out tomorrow however would like to believe that we will be professional and comfortable enough to get the win.

I hope the Linlithgow fans and club enjoy the day; the fixture has brought back excellent memories of away trips from the Highland League days.

Really looking forward to this game, just something different.

I have no idea what kind of team we will put out tomorrow however would like to believe that we will be professional and comfortable enough to get the win.

I hope the Linlithgow fans and club enjoy the day; the fixture has brought back excellent memories of away trips from the Highland League days.

Other than your middle sentence, where I hope you stick out the under 12's - but that apart agree totally.....!!!

Archived