Dumbarton vs Livingston

Yeah Stanton and Fozzy have had 3 games in the team playing the full 90 mins now and the last 2 were against teams clearly better than us, so this one is more at our level and will be a good judge of seeing where the team are with the new players gelling in.
I think we've a better looking shape in midfield, and Halkett looks pretty good at RB to finally give a bit better balance to our back line, wont know for sure until we've been up against teams around about us where we've a better chance of getting the 3 points.
Might have another signing before this game too as Hopkin is still looking to bring in a couple more new players.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pishing rain aw week and upwards of 30mph wind. Games aff.

Did think that myself, but the Rangers 20s are playing at the Rock today. Be interesting to see if that goes ahead, it could end up rendering the pitch unplayable if it does.

*Awaits the groundsman's appearance with an update*

I can only ever remember us beating Dumbarton twice, ever. Both times at the Rock, the first where Beany infamously took being a WUM to the next level and the other last season, where we destroyed them 5-1.

Standard home win then, with the winner scored after the 80th minute as per.

I can only ever remember us beating Dumbarton twice, ever. Both times at the Rock, the first where Beany infamously took being a WUM to the next level and the other last season, where we destroyed them 5-1.

Standard home win then, with the winner scored after the 80th minute as per.

You gave us a pretty unpleasant 5-0 pumping at Almondvale just after we came up as well. That wasn't a particularly enjoyable day in all honesty.

The games have a very similar pattern. If Livi win they do it in memorable style - 5-0, 1-5, Beanie's celebration etc. If we win we do it with a late goal (usually from a set piece, but not always) 1-2, 1-2, 1-1, 2-1.

If it's a draw then there's always an equaliser in injury time. Who remembers the 2-2 a few years back when Garry Fleming was sent off, then the ref went off, and Chris Kane equalised in about the 102nd minute?

Colin Nish scored a belter that day too.

Did think that myself, but the Rangers 20s are playing at the Rock today. Be interesting to see if that goes ahead, it could end up rendering the pitch unplayable if it does.

*Awaits the groundsman's appearance with an update*

Would like to think common sense would see the Under 20's match postponed tonight.

You gave us a pretty unpleasant 5-0 pumping at Almondvale just after we came up as well. That wasn't a particularly enjoyable day in all honesty.

The games have a very similar pattern. If Livi win they do it in memorable style - 5-0, 1-5, Beanie's celebration etc. If we win we do it with a late goal (usually from a set piece, but not always) 1-2, 1-2, 1-1, 2-1.

If it's a draw then there's always an equaliser in injury time. Who remembers the 2-2 a few years back when Garry Fleming was sent off, then the ref went off, and Chris Kane equalised in about the 102nd minute?

Colin Nish scored a belter that day too.

Nish volley from outside the area ?? Great finish - I don't remember Fleming red card

Nish volley from outside the area ?? Great finish - I don't remember Fleming red card

Aye, Nish's goal was a belter. First time volley straight from a Grindlay punt and he had only been on the pitch for about 4 minutes. How I miss having more than one striker.

Garry was sent off just infront of the Livi fans after an altercation with everyone's favorite head-high tackling left-back. IIRC it was 0-0 at the time and Ke.Jacobs scored soon after. Nish equalised with the wondergoal, Andy Barrowman tapped in for Livi before Kane grabbed a leveler very, very late on.

It must have been a wonderful game for a neutral.

Rangers are playing St Johnstone at Murray Park right now. I got it moved yesterday. Park is underwater just now and the weather is horrific for the rest of the week. Only plus point is it isnt high tide on Saturday afternoon so you never know.

Rangers are playing St Johnstone at Murray Park right now. I got it moved yesterday. Park is underwater just now and the weather is horrific for the rest of the week. Only plus point is it isnt high tide on Saturday afternoon so you never know.

That was at high tide today.

Hmmm....that doesn't look promising.

Also going to stop switching between the two accounts, it confuses me :lol:

That was at high tide today.

Doesn't look promising. Beans doesn't even play for Livi anymore, so there's not even any diving jokes we can make given the amount of water on the pitch. :(

I still hold out hope of it being on, but it can't be easy to get the pitch playable when it's like that and it's only Tuesday.

Archived