East Kilbride Thistle

Glenconner

This new EK might be playing celtic but the bigger picture is that Thistle have won a few cups (Junior Cup) and have a bit of a following Can't see this with this so called new team. And. .. Isn't Clyde fc moving to EK as well in the next season? Interesting fan Base it'll have

This new EK might be playing celtic but the bigger picture is that Thistle have won a few cups (Junior Cup) and have a bit of a following Can't see this with this so called new team. And. .. Isn't Clyde fc moving to EK as well in the next season? Interesting fan Base it'll have

Clyde are not moving to East Kilbride.

Clyde's latest proposed new home is Shettleston.

Junior football is dying on it's arse outside the villages and towns that can probably be described as its heartlands. Whether or not a lot of the folk involved want to admit it, the LL will improve and the potential for ties like the one that EK have drawn will see far more interest generated than most Juniors games have in a long time. EK in the LL have massive potential if they play the publicity surrounding this tie correctly.

It's up to the juniors to evolve and ensure they don't get left behind. Sadly, I don't have confidence in those at the top to ensure they do what is necessary.

Junior football is dying on it's arse outside the villages and towns that can probably be described as its heartlands. Whether or not a lot of the folk involved want to admit it, the LL will improve and the potential for ties like the one that EK have drawn will see far more interest generated than most Juniors games have in a long time. EK in the LL have massive potential if they play the publicity surrounding this tie correctly.

It's up to the juniors to evolve and ensure they don't get left behind. Sadly, I don't have confidence in those at the top to ensure they do what is necessary.

Wrong buzz feed mate there is already a well debated forum about this my man. Migrate over to that.

Wrong buzz feed mate there is already a well debated forum about this my man. Migrate over to that.

I'd have thought that replying to a comment where you said the new EK would be unable to grow bigger than the existing EK Thistle side is the perfect place for my response on why I think they will do that with relative ease as things stand.

I'd have thought that replying to a comment where you said the new EK would be unable to grow bigger than the existing EK Thistle side is the perfect place for my response on why I think they will do that with relative ease as things stand.

Yer your probably right mate but bigger debate on what your saying happening on another feed. Thought it might be a better place to get a good debate on it.

EK has potential to grow but the issue for the area is that is full of little collectives made into one so personally I can't see it. EK is also to near and too associated with Glasgow on football and family so another factor why I believe it won't grow. Just look at Hamilton and Motherwell to see what I mean. Two healthy populated towns with a small support. Most travel to Glasgow for the big two. Juniors ain't dying and as much as LL may be the better league it won't get any better. Honest opinion some will and won't agree with.

Archived