Raith v Queens, 4th v 5th.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 win in ten will ultimately see us end up 7th in the league.We are pash.

I could be wrong here, but from memory but Raith have started very well over the last three or four seasons but come Christmas they seem to run out of steam. Any particular reasons for this Rovers fans?

As both teams are level on points folk would probably mark this down as a draw and I can empathise with that. Reading the Raith fans comments, they have not been doing well of late so that gives me a bit of encouragement.

As for us, well we have not been anywhere near the standard of the last three or four seasons but we are still in contention for a play-off spot, which in itself is a bonus.

I reckon we might just shade it 1-0 or 2-1.

Personally, I'm quite happy with Ray. Apart from his midfielder fetish he seems decent enough.

Ship out a few of the midfield duds, keep the defence together and add some firepower, then we're all set for next season.

One win in ten, but we've had no first choice right back during pretty much all of that period, we've been missing others due to injury and suspension. Our main hope for the season, has been injured since the second week of the season. The two other forwards we had in on a short term basis came with expectation and turned out to be pretty rank. I can understand people being frustrated about the lack of a forward coming in, but we've still got a week in which we can operate at least.

We're only half way through the season. There's no point in saying it isn't working when we're in such a ridiculous set of circumstances. The sooner we get Vaughan and Thomson back the better. Then people might stop being miserable c***s.

Don't think he really deserved to be emptied in the first place. We've paid £40k-£50k to stand still.

It's too early to say that. Did Murray ever have us in 4th position towards the end of January? McKinnon is far more long term. Even if we make the playoffs, we'd have a hell of a task to make it through them. Ray's building a team for the future. He's already tied down Bene and Toshney for next season with more to come. The objective has to be making the playoffs. Even though we've only won 1 in 9, if we can get a new forward in alongside Connolly, then we'll see how we go.

Don't think he really deserved to be emptied in the first place. We've paid £40k-£50k to stand still.

Were in 4th place going into the new year last season?

Murray was far worse than Mckinnon. Usual nonsense from a fickle section of the support. Judge Mckinnon at the end of the season when we've had a full squad.

Were in 4th place going into the new year last season?

Murray was far worse than Mckinnon. Usual nonsense from a fickle section of the support. Judge Mckinnon at the end of the season when we've had a full squad.

Every team in the top 6, except Queens, averages less than one goal conceded per home game - Falkirks record is even better, closer to one goal every two games.

The fact that we havent scored against these teams in away games is consistent with the rest of the teams in the league.

Yeah, right enough. Foolishly, I was comparing our away record against the other teams in the top 6 with theirs at Palmerston. We have scored 1 goal in 5 games at their grounds and they have scored 13 in 6 at ours. Although that includes 4 Rangers got after we had a man wrongly sent off, it doesn't include the 4 Livi scored. Nobody seems to have any trouble scoring at Palmerston (apart from Dumbarton) and I haven't seen anybody trying to borefest a point, except Alloa in the first half yesterday. Yet we have managed a single away goal, from a corner, against the top 6.

If you take goals scored at our place out of the equation, only Alloa have a worse away scoring record against the top 6 than we do, although all the numbers are relatively low.

If you include goals scored by other teams at Palmerston, we have the worst record in the league of goals scored away from home against the top 6.

I have used these numbers to argue that we are tactically very unadventurous away from home against the top teams. Of course, it could just mean that we are shit.

How about judging him at the end of the season?

I've seen enough already. Our style of play is dull and uninspiring, his signings have been appalling and we are on a run of form as bad as anything we had to put up with under Murray, with no obvious sign of him turning things round.

We'll finish 6th at best this season and that's probably being optimistic.

I've seen enough already. Our style of play is dull and uninspiring, his signings have been appalling and we are on a run of form as bad as anything we had to put up with under Murray, with no obvious sign of him turning things round.

So we should change manager again and fork out another large sum? Thats your solution?

So you can't see us getting better if we add a striker in this week and when Vaughn comes back?

Remember under Murray we lost against Queens twice at this stage, and we've beaten Morton twice. And we haven't been absolutely cunted by the leagues bottom side.

We are a striker away from being a decent side. McKinnon is better than Murray, sorry.

So we should change manager again and fork out another large sum? Thats your solution?

We'll just have to muddle through and hope McKinnon doesn't relegate us before his contract ends next season.

So you can't see us getting better if we add a striker in this week and when Vaughn comes back?

Remember under Murray we lost against Queens twice at this stage, and we've beaten Morton twice. And we haven't been absolutely cunted by the leagues bottom side.

We are a striker away from being a decent side. McKinnon is better than Murray, sorry.

We are miles away from being a decent side. Our entire midfield is garbage for starters.

A lot of people putting a heap of pressure on Vaughan to return and somehow be our saviour. He very well might but by then it might be too late and the playoffs we're talking about could be at the wrong end of the table.

A lot of people putting a heap of pressure on Vaughan to return and somehow be our saviour. He very well might but by then it might be too late and the playoffs we're talking about could be at the wrong end of the table.

Yeah there does appear to be a school of thought that we'll be okay in March when Vaughan returns.

I would guess that Vaughan will need a couple of months to play his way back into match sharpness. By that time the season will be over.

Archived