Raith v Queens, 4th v 5th.

4th spot up for grabs next sat, Raith not scored in last 3 league games, gaining 1 point whereas Queens have gained 6 points conceding only 1 goal (hibs) in the last 3.

Queen's team for next sat well it's hard to predict that to be honest, same team 2 weeks running?

Queen's could really do with the 3 points as next 5 fixtures after that are away to then home to St Mirren, home v Rangers, away v Falkirk then home to Hibs tough run of fixtures that could well define our end of season position.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4th spot up for grabs next sat, Raith not scored in last 3 league games, gaining 1 point whereas Queens have gained 6 points conceding only 1 goal (hibs) in the last 3.

Queen's team for next sat well it's hard to predict that to be honest, same team 2 weeks running?

Queen's could really do with the 3 points as next 5 fixtures after that are away to then home to St Mirren, home v Rangers, away v Falkirk then home to Hibs tough run of fixtures that could well define our end of season position.

You gonna come and sit back against us or have a go?

Very difficult run considering our form against those teams but hopefully we can get something next week. Liked the look of harris and pickard today will be interesting to see if fowler starts murdoch next week.

We won't score. The outcome of this game will be determined by whether or not QoS are happy to sit in and take a point or whether they attack enough to get a goal. Either way they can't lose.

I hope that this is the case.

Fowler is not famed for his enterprise though, especially away from home, so 0-0 looks kinda likely.

Too lazy to look what's Raith next few fixtures after queens. This match could well be pivotal in the season.

I am travelling up to this one hopefully it will be thrilling open game and each of the midfield get a goal. Not likely though. Initial prediction 1-2 for queens

After the game with QoS, 3 of our next 4 games area at home.

http://www.raithrovers.net/fixtures

If we get a striker* in this could yet turn into a memorable season. If we don't it'll probably fizzle out, as has been happening, and we'll finish in our now customary 6th/7th place.

*striker must be capable of scoring goals. More than a one goal return will be required.

Positives:

* Our main saving grace is our defence is relatively solid.

* We'll more than likely have the Bene/Toshney partnership back.

* Connolly looked a handful yesterday. Hopefully he doesn't become Rovered as the season goes on.

Negatives:

* Lack of goals/recognised striker. Fingers crossed we have someone come in during the week.

* We're at home so our fans will turn into slavering greeting faced hoors as the game goes on.

* It'll probably be cold...

Positives:

* Our main saving grace is our defence is relatively solid.

* We'll more than likely have the Bene/Toshney partnership back.

* Connolly looked a handful yesterday. Hopefully he doesn't become Rovered as the season goes on.

Negatives:

* Lack of goals/recognised striker. Fingers crossed we have someone come in during the week.

* We're at home so our fans will turn into slavering greeting faced hoors as the game goes on.

* It'll probably be cold...

I wouldn't be surprised if Toshney plays right back again.

I must have missed the season where Gus Macpherson lead us to fourth place, and had a better head to head record over both Hibs and Rangers!

I'm far from convinced by Fowler but the comparisons with Macpherson are scandalous, and begin and end with the fact both had to build a squad virtually from scratch. Gus made a total c**t of it. Fowler has done an average job at worst.

As comparisons go, I'd rather be compared to Hitler or Tony Blair than Gus Macpherson.

If we are comparing him with any of our previous managers I would say he is most like McIntyre.

Archived