Weatherwatch Sat 23rd January

onepoundfifty

Have City spent money on the pitch or something ? Didn't Meadowbank be like everywhere else when there was bad weather and usually unplayable ? Fair play for getting yer games on when abody else struggling.

Meadowbank has been one of the most reliable pitches for years.

In the end only the Duns-Whitehill and BSCG-Stirling Uni games off today in any case.

EDIT: Worth saying Threave have surrendered home advantage in their Southern Counties Cup tie with Edusport, which now goes ahead at St Mary's Park, Kirkcudbright, home of St Cuthbert Wanderers, still 3pm.

http://threaveroversfc.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/south-challenge-cup.html

In the end only the Duns-Whitehill and BSCG-Stirling Uni games off today in any case.

Bsc looked double booked....

and the Albion are at home though I take it the uni game was at Gannochy ??

EDIT: Worth saying Threave have surrendered home advantage in their Southern Counties Cup tie with Edusport, which now goes ahead at St Mary's Park, Kirkcudbright, home of St Cuthbert Wanderers, still 3pm.

http://threaveroversfc.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/south-challenge-cup.html

So where does it leave ww next week HJ ?

Duns again,Castle Douglas or neutral venue for either/or games ?

Dunno regarding q1.

Remember it had stopped being tried each week though... was off Nov 14th (WW), Nov 21st (WW), Nov 28th (WW & Duns) then left until Dec 12th (Duns) and then left until today (Duns).

Regarding q2 - assuming Southern Counties FA rules are the same as elsewhere, both clubs will now have given-up home advantage, although I'd doubt that would obligate them to always use Kirkcudbright.

However, I think the chance it not being completed today must be low, as St Mary's has 3G.

Dunno regarding q1.

Remember it had stopped being tried each week though... was off Nov 14th (WW), Nov 21st (WW), Nov 28th (WW & Duns) then left until Dec 12th (Duns) and then left until today (Duns).

Regarding q2 - assuming Southern Counties FA rules are the same as elsewhere, both clubs will now have given-up home advantage, although I'd doubt that would obligate them to always use Kirkcudbright.

However, I think the chance it not being completed today must be low, as St Mary's has 3G.

My 2nd question referred to Threave giving up home advantage today when we scheduled down there next Saturday or will they take it away from meadow Park like today.

30th January 2016: at last the ref ruled the Duns pitch playable....

attachicon.gifdiver.jpg

just out of curiosity, given that its been mild if rainy in the Edinburgh area would Fergie Park have been playable today?

:D no sure tam just finished 3-3 up at Penicuik though.

Highlights I believe will be on Penicuik TV.

Leeds phil do you think the guys at bsc are stupid why come on and say something like that when you haven't a clue what's happening behind the scenes

You are correct - I don't have a clue what's happening behind the scenes. ...because nothing was announced.

One wonders why some clubs / leagues bother to have twitter / facebook accounts & websites if they are not going to be used properly.

I spotted the clash as soon as the West Juniors' fixtures came out (less than a week's notice...) and mentioned it on P&B within the Juniors forum - their fixtures secretary should've known not to have assigned Maryhill a Home fixture when the (long term) LFL fixture card had already got BSC due to use the park. The guy makes many mistakes, but when they are pointed out, he corrects them. I fully expected the West Junior card to quickly be amended to give Maryhill an Away instead.

The week wore on. No amendment of the West Junior fixture card. No word on either club's (or leagues') web presence. Bizarre!

Surely if somebody official has done something about it, say so somewhere in internetland.

Or even unofficially - none of you came on here letting folks know what solution had been sorted out.

Lochburn Park is Maryhill's not BSC's, so it is not illogical to conclude that if Maryhill are still shown as Home, BSC would get bumped.

Yet the first word from any party relative to the matter was a Friday announcement on BSC's twitter about a Saturday morning inspection, without making any mention of the clash. I respectfully advise that whoever posted that should have additionally mentioned whatever 'behind the scenes' resolution had been achieved.

As a neutral outsider (I am not associated with any club) I would describe the overall situation as having been badly handled.

You are correct - I don't have a clue what's happening behind the scenes. ...because nothing was announced.

One wonders why some clubs / leagues bother to have twitter / facebook accounts & websites if they are not going to be used properly.

I spotted the clash as soon as the West Juniors' fixtures came out (less than a week's notice...) and mentioned it on P&B within the Juniors forum - their fixtures secretary should've known not to have assigned Maryhill a Home fixture when the (long term) LFL fixture card had already got BSC due to use the park. The guy makes many mistakes, but when they are pointed out, he corrects them. I fully expected the West Junior card to quickly be amended to give Maryhill an Away instead.

The week wore on. No amendment of the West Junior fixture card. No word on either club's (or leagues') web presence. Bizarre!

Surely if somebody official has done something about it, say so somewhere in internetland.

Or even unofficially - none of you came on here letting folks know what solution had been sorted out.

Lochburn Park is Maryhill's not BSC's, so it is not illogical to conclude that if Maryhill are still shown as Home, BSC would get bumped.

Yet the first word from any party relative to the matter was a Friday announcement on BSC's twitter about a Saturday morning inspection, without making any mention of the clash. I respectfully advise that whoever posted that should have additionally mentioned whatever 'behind the scenes' resolution had been achieved.

As a neutral outsider (I am not associated with any club) I would describe the overall situation as having been badly handled.

Excellent, logical post. You must be new round here!

To save Phil from more abuse, BSC home games for Feb.

Sat 6 Edinburgh Univ

Sat 13 Lochar Thistle (SCC)

Wed 17 Threave Rovers

Sat 20 Spartans

Wed 24 Whitehill

To save Phil from more abuse, BSC home games for Feb.

Sat 6 Edinburgh Univ

Sat 13 Lochar Thistle (SCC)

Wed 17 Threave Rovers

Sat 20 Spartans

Wed 24 Whitehill

It's the West Juniors fixtures secretary you need to be sending this list to !

Three Saturdays in a row BSC 'home'. Hmmm. Maryhill have only played 3 of their 13 Home league fixtures so far.

If it survives the weather, Saturday 30th January's would be their 4th.

So with at least 9 Homes still to be scheduled, it wouldn't surprise me if Mr Fixtureman again ignores BSC's fixture list and puts Maryhill Home on one/some of those February Saturdays, usually at only six days' notice.

So if there are any behind the scenes solutions that then need to be organized between the two clubs, perhaps somebody can then let the rest of us know the outcome. Thanks.

It's the West Juniors fixtures secretary you need to be sending this list to !

Three Saturdays in a row BSC 'home'. Hmmm. Maryhill have only played 3 of their 13 Home league fixtures so far.

If it survives the weather, Saturday 30th January's would be their 4th.

So with at least 9 Homes still to be scheduled, it wouldn't surprise me if Mr Fixtureman again ignores BSC's fixture list and puts Maryhill Home on one/some of those February Saturdays, usually at only six days' notice.

So if there are any behind the scenes solutions that then need to be organized between the two clubs, perhaps somebody can then let the rest of us know the outcome. Thanks.

The fixture secretary already has these fixtures, so no behind the scenes solutions are required. Thanks.

Archived