East Kilbride v Celtic - SC R5 - Sunday 6th Feb - BBC 1

HomelandsOur

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the comments above are pretty disrespectful to East Kilbride, IMO.

Their ground is fully enclosed and has hosted several 500+ sell-out and/or all-ticket matches. They hold an SFA licence. They meet all cup criteria.

Improvements have taken place since it was first built. I was at an all-ticket game with a crowd of 500 last season. There was no issue whatsoever.

They couldn't have become SFA members otherwise. (Btw - East Stirlingshire's proposed new ground is also basically a 900-seat version of K-Park, IIRC?).

Incidentally they are also building a second seated stand.

They aren't unique in being ordered elsewhere due to concerns about ticketless fans. They aren't unique in having a ground within a wider park, either.

Entry level licence that's required for LL.(and achieving it is the very reason ek are in the cup)

Quite surprised you haven't heard of it. Everyone in the pyramid needs one.

I've never read what the requirements are for an entry level license. Haven't spent any great time looking but the old SPL/SFL requirements used to be published online which had stuff about restricting views in from outside. How that was carried through to LL and HL clubs with the new set-up i wasn't able to find last time i looked.

'Entry' is the criteria for HL, LL, SPFL1* & SPFL2*. Grounds must be enclosed by 2m high non-transparent boundaries.

*plus 'Bronze' floodlights.

Criteria here (p43-65): http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2015/2016%20Manual%20-%20Prt%201%20&%202.pdf

Would this mean Ibrox isnt technically 'legal'... Theres a rather famous gate in one corner that you can stand at and see the pitch.

I've never read what the requirements are for an entry level license. Haven't spent any great time looking but the old SPL/SFL requirements used to be published online which had stuff about restricting views in from outside. How that was carried through to LL and HL clubs with the new set-up i wasn't able to find last time i looked.

The licencing criteria(for all categories) is available on the SFA site, and has been for quite a while (pre LL)

FWIW you can see our entire pitch if youre willing to stand amongst trees behind a fence at one of the open corners. Or half the pitch if you stand on the mound towards the bypass.

'Entry' is the criteria for HL, LL, SPFL1* & SPFL2*. Grounds must be enclosed by 2m high non-transparent boundaries.

*plus 'Bronze' floodlights.

Criteria here (p43-65): http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2015/2016%20Manual%20-%20Prt%201%20&%202.pdf

Its 2012 since I was last there but if the Selkirk video on page 2 of this thread is still accurate then someone is being very generous with their definition of "non transparent boundaries". There is some kind of green gauze-like material wrapped round the fence but you can see through it fairly clearly from outside.

I certainly didnt mean to be disrespectful to EK. Apologies if it came over that way. KPark is an excellent set up within context. But I stand by the comment that 500 capacity isnt going to be enough in reality to host most full time sides at this stage in the Cup. The prospect of giving 100-200 tickets to the away side in such circumstances is just asking for hundreds of ticketless fans to try to see as much as they can from outside the fence. For comparison St Johnstone brought over 900 to Dumfries in the same round last season.

Apparently a charity game at the excelsior that was scheduled for that game has now been cancelled. Dunno how much truth there is to that

It was for the SIMBA charity that Commons and his wife are involved with. East Kilbride have apparently offered the use of their stadium to host it.

What an absolute mess this has turned into.

I certainly didnt mean to be disrespectful to EK. Apologies if it came over that way. KPark is an excellent set up within context. But I stand by the comment that 500 capacity isnt going to be enough in reality to host most full time sides at this stage in the Cup.

No its likely not.

Though EK have plans for a new stadium

Archived