Weekend Betting 15th - 17th January 15

Fitba Tips

Don't mind admitting that I am struggling to find much that I have a lot of confidence in this weekend.

So far all I have for Saturday is a goals double of Stenhousemuir/Brechin +2.5 gls, Annan/East Fife BTTS @ 2.66 with 888Sport

and an Even Money Double of Rangers/Livi +2.5 goals & Clyde to win @ 1.96 with Boylesports.

I don't like the price on Clyde but considering East Stirling have amassed about 2 points away from home all season it's hard to see past them.

Also backing Celtic HT/FT on Friday night at evens with Coral. They have been leading at HT in 7 of 10 away games in the league this season, going on to win 6 of them. Little bit of value there. I thought I had backed it at 2.1 with 888Sport but looked today and it looks like I forgot to push the button or they refused the bet, which they have been prone to doing of late but I normally spot it.

What have you got guys?

EDIT: Turns out ES have 1 point away from home all season.

St Johnstone at evens at home to Hamilton is tempting. Might even give Jesus another chance with anytime scorer and Saints to win at 28/1. Was thinking of Elgin at 21/20 but a bit wary after Stirling's result against Caley. McBookies odds.

P.S. Just noticed the odds are the same for Lucas Tagliatelli (sic) which is probably the wiser bet.

The best value by far IMO on the Scottish list is my own team.

Yes Peterhead are on a superb run; yes they won 4-0 at Stair Park very early in the season (albeit in a match that could easily have finished 5-6) and yes they have Rory McAllister.

However 2 weeks ago there was a big players/management “sort it out” meeting at Stranraer.

For the next 2 league games, Jamie Longworth has returned upside Craig Malcolm in attack, Stephen Bell has slotted in beside Scott Rumsby at the back adding experience and organisation as well as a vocal presence and the balance of the midfield is much better with Scott Robertson holding and Paul Cairney pulling the strings while we have played 2 natural wide players with pace/skill.

The performances are back to that level of last season with the score lines of 5-1 at Stenhousemuir and 1-0 v Ayr flattering the opponents. Cairney ran the show on both occasions.

Since then Wullie Gibson, arguably the best player in the league last season, has returned. I reckon he will make his first start on Saturday. A midfield including Cairney and Gibson anywhere near their best will be handful for any side in this league, even Dunfermline.

The Celtic Cup match can be ignored.

The only slight issue is that keeper David McGurn remains out so young Max Currie will deputise.

We also beat Peterhead 4/4 last term and picked up at 1-1 up there earlier when things weren’t going at all well.

I said last week that I would be looking for a silly value price on Stranraer making top 4 (unfortunately not one on offer) and that Stranraer would be a team to back at good prices over the next few weekends. I wasn’t expecting anything as high as 5-2 at home to Peterhead. I reckon that will be down to around 13-8 by kick off.

On this already and also have 3 or 4 other singles in mind, 1 of which I will definitely be taking (Middlesbrough) and others which need to be decided upon either way (Elgin, Morton and goas/BTTS at Partick and Newcastle).

St Johnstone at evens at home to Hamilton is tempting. Might even give Jesus another chance with anytime scorer and Saints to win at 28/1. Was thinking of Elgin at 21/20 but a bit wary after Stirling's result against Caley. McBookies odds.

P.S. Just noticed the odds are the same for Lucas Tagliatelli (sic) which is probably the wiser bet.

I was tempted by this too but recent form and the state of the pitch at the end of the game on Saturday has put me off it, probably foolishly.

In the English Championship Boro, Nottingham Forest and Wolves are the basis for a few accas.

I've done them with Hull City for around 9/1.

Crazy Scottish Acca

Annan

Elgin

Raith Rovers

Stranraer

Aberdeen

£5 returns £432.71 :lol:

Premier League

Spurs vs Sunderland BTTS

Bournemouth vs Norwich BTTS

Southampton vs WBA BTTS

Leicester to win @ Villa

£5 returns £91.96

Vengeful 7 Fold

Celtic

Boro

Hearts

St Johnstone

Wolves

Aberdeen

Forest

£5 returns £387.23

Championship

Burnley (Friday)

Leeds (Saturday early k.o.)

Boro

Wolves

£5 returns £288.50

Good luck folks. I could do with a large slice myself ;)

Went with 2 doubles, Elgin (probably be off) and Morton (over 3/1) and BTTS at Bournemouth and Newcastle (about 23/10) as well as singles on Middlesbrough (evens) and Stranraer (5/2) and a mugs favourites line of Celtic, Rangers, Clyde, Queens Park, Hull, Man City and Dunfermline (15/2)

2/1 for Raith at St Murn seems terrific value.

St Mirren v Raith @2/1

Ayr v Cowden DRAW @16/5

Ardrie v Forfar @85/40

Just under 40/1 for the treble with McBookie.

Also went for a BTTS+W lucky 15

Hamilton, Dundee, Brechin, QoS.

Boro Forest Pboro Plymouth £20 - £212

Kane Costa Payet Blackman Simpson ANYTIMES £5 - £312

Derby Reading Bradford Swindon

WIN BTTS £5 - £1300

Man City. Boro. Hull Pboro Perth

Score both Halfs. £5 - £392.

Hoping I won't be affected too much by the weather...

West Ham, Boro, Northampton, ICT - £7 for £171

Forfar, Stranraer, Reading, Huddersfield, Ispwich - £2 for £193

Pompey win BTTS, Plymouth win BTTS, Coventry win BTTS, Walsall win BTTS - £1 for £393

Spurs -2, Sheff Wed v Leeds over 2.5, Seville, Hearts v Motherwell over 2.5, Leicester - £2 for £107

The best value by far IMO on the Scottish list is my own team.

Yes Peterhead are on a superb run; yes they won 4-0 at Stair Park very early in the season (albeit in a match that could easily have finished 5-6) and yes they have Rory McAllister.

However 2 weeks ago there was a big players/management “sort it out” meeting at Stranraer.

For the next 2 league games, Jamie Longworth has returned upside Craig Malcolm in attack, Stephen Bell has slotted in beside Scott Rumsby at the back adding experience and organisation as well as a vocal presence and the balance of the midfield is much better with Scott Robertson holding and Paul Cairney pulling the strings while we have played 2 natural wide players with pace/skill.

The performances are back to that level of last season with the score lines of 5-1 at Stenhousemuir and 1-0 v Ayr flattering the opponents. Cairney ran the show on both occasions.

Since then Wullie Gibson, arguably the best player in the league last season, has returned. I reckon he will make his first start on Saturday. A midfield including Cairney and Gibson anywhere near their best will be handful for any side in this league, even Dunfermline.

The Celtic Cup match can be ignored.

The only slight issue is that keeper David McGurn remains out so young Max Currie will deputise.

We also beat Peterhead 4/4 last term and picked up at 1-1 up there earlier when things weren’t going at all well.

I said last week that I would be looking for a silly value price on Stranraer making top 4 (unfortunately not one on offer) and that Stranraer would be a team to back at good prices over the next few weekends. I wasn’t expecting anything as high as 5-2 at home to Peterhead. I reckon that will be down to around 13-8 by kick off.

On this already and also have 3 or 4 other singles in mind, 1 of which I will definitely be taking (Middlesbrough) and others which need to be decided upon either way (Elgin, Morton and goas/BTTS at Partick and Newcastle).

Ahem.. :)

Archived