Dundee United vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

Looking forward to the day out, it's the cup so we'll be shite.

First time I'll have been on the train to an away game in Dundee for about 10 years, normally go on supporters bus and have time for one pint near the grounds, where's worth going in the city centre before jumping a taxi up?

Phoenix at bottom of Perth road. Not far from train station.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno what it is but I've always loved the cup more than anything else in football. Years of disappointment with only a couple of semis have been a poor return but I live in hope. Can't wait for this one but can see a one goal defeat as I think Archibald' s priorities lie elsewhere.

Been a while since a semi for me.

Looking forward to the day out, it's the cup so we'll be shite.

First time I'll have been on the train to an away game in Dundee for about 10 years, normally go on supporters bus and have time for one pint near the grounds, where's worth going in the city centre before jumping a taxi up?

Trades.

The last time we reached the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup was 8 years ago. In the last decade in all cup competitions we've only beaten a top-tier team twice (Hamilton, last year and ICT on penalties in 2005-06).

We are shit at cups.

Dundee United to win.

Kaiser Wilhelm Collum in charge tomorrow, just to add to the anything could happen factor.

I'd bring Fraser in for Welsh and Lindsay, Dumbuya, and Nesbitt onto the bench for Wilson, Edwards, and Nisbet. This full squad malarkey though, almost too much choice.

I'd rest Lawless and Doolan and start with Pogba and Nesbitt. Pogba to hold it up and Nesbitt to run rings round the defence.

Run rings around the mighty Mark Durnan and Hall-of-Famer Sean Dillon? Good luck with that.

We might win this tomorrow. Then again we might not.

Depends which United shows up, Granny. The one that managed 10 points out of our first 22 games. Or the side that has a 100% record in the last... game. I'm all for the latter.

Archived