Motherwell v ICT - Scottish Cup 5th round

MikeyWellFan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a tremendous goal that was, Barry Wilson got the ball on the tight wing noticed the Keeper off his line and smashed the ball into the net from about 40 yards, brilliant strike and even better knowing Delboy Derek Adams was in the Motherwell team that day. Think that was the last time we got the stand behind the goals which is a pity.

Were ICT fans not in the south stand earlier this season? If I'm not mistaken they took similar numbers to County's 144 but without the Twitter meltdown.

Correct. Made for a great view of that glorious Vigurs strike.

Speaking of which stands teams get, we get the main at Dens, Fir Park and Rubgy Park. There could be an argument for some teams getting the main stand at the TCS what with their pitiful turn outs up here. Surely a money saver for the club as well having only 2 stands occupied?

How much are Caley likely to bring to this?

Probably f'ck all. A good number went to Stirling because it was more of a 'unique' fixture whereas we normally play you guys 4 times a season so there isn't much appeal there. Maybe because it is the Cup and because tickets are a wee bit cheaper we might get a couple of hundred but I'd be surprised.

We're due some luck. Warren to get sent off for clearing the ball off the line with his arms when it's hit him in the face. The penalty to hit the post and bounce across the line but the refs gonna give it anyway.

Josh Law is going to score a cross, Raven's gonna score a comedy og, moult is gonna score a hattrick of offside goals and draper's getting sent off for a good challenge that wasn't a foul.

Motherwell 6-0 nine man ICT

We're due some luck. Warren to get sent off for clearing the ball off the line with his arms when it's hit him in the face. The penalty to hit the post and bounce across the line but the refs gonna give it anyway.

Josh Law is going to score a cross, Raven's gonna score a comedy og, moult is gonna score a hattrick of offside goals and draper's getting sent off for a good challenge that wasn't a foul.

Motherwell 6-0 nine man ICT

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Wille Collum IMO.

Full of the fear for this one now and I expect us to bottle it quite badly.

Lose the next three games and it's an extremely depressing scenario for the rest of the season.

Looks like I've joined club MJC :(

Never go full MJC.

Probably f'ck all. A good number went to Stirling because it was more of a 'unique' fixture whereas we normally play you guys 4 times a season so there isn't much appeal there. Maybe because it is the Cup and because tickets are a wee bit cheaper we might get a couple of hundred but I'd be surprised.

Suspect that this will be the case as the so called 'young team' have been banned from travelling to this game on the Supporters Club buses :lol:

Hopefully they can find a way of getting down as they do give the team some excellent backing.

There is to be a minutes applause on the 23rd minute in commemoration of a young 'Well fan who passed away recently (age 23) Ben Miller.

Ben was a devoted fan who almost never missed a game, in spite of having complex physical needs he was razor sharp mentally and lived and breathed MFC.

Be great if ICT Fans joined in

I reckon we'll see Fletcher in for this one.

At the moment, we just need a result, any kind of a result and we'll be fine. Last night was a sickener.

Aye we just look short of confidence at the minute, which is no surprise really. So far in 2016 we've lost a 97th minute equalizer to Accies, an 88th minute equalizer against Dundee and lost a 90th minute winner against Thistle the other night. Not to mention the absolute mauling at Tynecastle. Bound to knock the confidence a bit.

I'd like to see us freshen things up as we looked a bit leggy on Tuesday tonight. Hardly a shock mind when the spine of your team is made up of 5 guys all aged 32 or over who are being asked to play 2 games in 3 days.

Still in desperate need for a decent defensive midfielder so I'd like to see Gomis come in, have a look and see if he can fill that Jennings shaped hole that's been in our midfield for about 4 years now.

Would also be tempted to unleash Lionel for this one as he seems like the kind of player that'll perform at his best when he has a point to prove.

Any sort of win would be delightful.

I was really up for this game at the start of the week, but the Partick game and the subseqent fall-out for it seems to have knocked the stuffing out of a fair few fans.

Still, it's a great chance to get to a Scottish Cup quarter-final. Here's hoping a good crowd can come through the gates and the fans are up for it.

I'd like to see Gomis and Ainsworth start, and I'd be tempted to give Wes Fletcher a go. I'm disappointed with how it's worked out for him. I was really impressed with him in the opening two games of the season, but injuries have robbed him.

I'll be in the Cooper Stand tomorrow for a wee change. Here's hoping we'll nick a 2-1 win.

Archived