St Mirren v Raith Rovers 22nd March 2016 Kick Off. 7.45pm

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno how Glasgow is but its baltic in Paisley :P.

Pitch inspection called for 10.45-11am. 95% of the pitch is fine , couple of frozen bits., according to the official Twitter account.

just had a look at the Twitter account there. Looks like it should be fine going by it. Just a precaution.

I'm not an expert by any means, but surely the undersoil heating should defrost all areas of the pitch? if it's been on all night, or perhaps longer, I'm not holding out much hope that these areas will magically defrost within the hour. That hardened "5%" could be enough to postpone the match.

I was quite happy when the Queens game was called off but I'd actually like to go to this one.

I'm not an expert by any means, but surely the undersoil heating should defrost all areas of the pitch? if it's been on all night, or perhaps longer, I'm not holding out much hope that these areas will magically defrost within the hour. That hardened "5%" could be enough to postpone the match.

I was quite happy when the Queens game was called off but I'd actually like to go to this one.

I also have very little understanding of how it works, but I think I'd read something about Dunfermline's (possibly) where it's essentially a grid system, and there are areas that take much longer than others to 'defrost'.

Probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for us if the game doesn't go ahead, provided we actually bring in a striker before the game is rearranged.

I also have very little understanding of how it works, but I think I'd read something about Dunfermline's (possibly) where it's essentially a grid system, and there are areas that take much longer than others to 'defrost'.

Probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for us if the game doesn't go ahead, provided we actually bring in a striker before the game is rearranged.

St Mirren actually turn theirs on, there's the difference.

Sounds plausable. Although I would understand if there were small frosty patches in extreme cold weather, I would have thought -3C would have held up ok.

Either way it will be a touch embarrassing if we can't get this on. Fully awaiting the "diddy club" jibes in due course.

Archived