Early round shocks and memorable matches

forever_blue

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as I know this is the only time a non-League club has got a result against a top flight side:

Few Morton names in there - Tommy Turner (who left us for St. Johnstone) and future Ton players - Allan Moore, Paul Wright and Harry Curran.

Love the state of the pitch in that second half.

As horrendous as it was, it was a cracking game.

One of my brothers went to Uni in Aberdeen in early 80's. He married a local and went native.

By chance met the whole family in their sheepie gear before kick off. Unfortunately didn't see them after so my crowing had to wait till the next day on the phone.

It has to be said that all the Dons fans I spoke to after the game while disappointed were very gracious in defeat!

Aberdeen away in 91 and also managing to negotiate two games against Celtic in the semi. The latter of which had scenes aplenty.

Dougie Arnott lobbing Pat Bonner with a header from edge of box, Psycho scoring from 75 yards and Steve Kirk scoring from a cross.

The final was pretty special as well as I'm sure most people are aware.

In the early nineties we lost to then Highland League Ross County 6-2 at home in a replay.

A couple of years late we lost a much postponed game at Highland League Huntly. I think Doug Rougvie scored.

The shocking thing is that neither were shocks.

And yes, Aberdeen fans took the 2008 defeat most graciously.

We drew 0-0 with rangers in the semi finals on the same day as The hillsborough disaster.

Apparently Roddy Grant only finished his job at mid day as well

We drew 0-0 with rangers in the semi finals on the same day as The hillsborough disaster.

Apparently Roddy Grant only finished his job at mid day as well

That was without our star player at the time, Stevie Maskrey, who was brutally assaulted by a Bobby Glennie 'challenge' at Starks Park a few weeks before the cup semi. We would have one that tie if Zorro had been playing!!

One of the best performances by a team I've ever seen and it hasn't aged at all.

Also how good was Brockville?

Yes, it looks brilliant.

Falkirk fans must weep for what's been lost when they watch that.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Dunfermline game from 1988 too.

Archived