Scotland vs Denmark- 29th March

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest DAVIDB69

Maloney and Whittaker added to the squad. Kind of hoped Maloney was being phased out tbh. Good for us in the last campaign but in decline now.

Good to see we are looking to the future as always

Hope he doesn't get a game again to see some more heads gone and salty tears from the dees.

Not fussed tbh. He'll come back a better player having worked with better keepers.

Think Whittaker and Greer are certs to starts, considering the reason they were called up - according to Strachan - is because they need games having rarely played for their clubs recently.

Just easily our most creative player, and the best player from the last campaign ?     That Maloney ?

Exactly. Whats he got to prove to Strachan ahead of the WC Qualifiers?

Just easily our most creative player, and the best player from the last campaign ? That Maloney ?

This.

I get that most people want the 30-something EPL/Championship players phased out - to which I totally agree - but Maloney isn't one of them IMO.

This.

I get that most people want the 30-something EPL/Championship players phased out - to which I totally agree - but Maloney isn't one of them IMO.

He's 33 and has played one game in almost four months, while I agree with your point, its a farce hes in the squad.

This will be my first Scotland game. I've just bought my tickets from the SFA website - anyone know roughly how long it takes to pick them up before the game (which I assume I do at the stadium itself)?

Should be easy enough with the low attendances. Can't quite remember where you pick them up, either at the south stand or at the east stand.

Every team needs to have a mixture of experience and youth. If guys like Tierney, McGinn and Murphy are going to be involved, then you want some experienced players like Maloney, Greer and Whittaker to be able to talk them through the game.

We saw in a couple of friendlies under Vogts and Burley what can happen when you field too many inexperienced fringe players at the same time.

Every team needs to have a mixture of experience and youth. If guys like Tierney, McGinn and Murphy are going to be involved, then you want some experienced players like Maloney, Greer and Whittaker to be able to talk them through the game.

We saw in a couple of friendlies under Vogts and Burley what can happen when you field too many inexperienced fringe players at the same time.

Agree with that but I think he could have chosen an experienced guy who has more than just the fag end of his Scotland career left (e.g. Bannan, Snodgrass). perhaps agreements with managers over certain players left him with few such options.

That's not what a Scotland cap should be about IMO

I understand your point but Strachan has been known to do this in the past to give players match fitness (Hutton and Bannan).

Didn't agree his persistence with them when he should have been also looking at blooding players in those positions but getting Maloney back to full fitness should be a big asset for us.

Guest DAVIDB69

Think Whittaker and Greer are certs to starts, considering the reason they were called up - according to Strachan - is because they need games having rarely played for their clubs recently.

Strachan needs to stop using the national side as a vehicle for giving people run outs that play little or no club football.

Nor should the national side be used as outlet for improving players fitness

Archived