Czech Republic v Scotland - 24/3/16

Lex

A feature of strachans reign has been results when it didn't matter and not when it did .

Winning should not be the point of this game - it should've been an opportunity to give all of the players a run out and try a few things that you couldn't do in a competitive match. Cannot see if we've learned very much at all from tonight's match.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bernardblack

We really love being critical of our team don't we?

Decent result, good run out for the players, especially Snoddy, Phillips and McCormack

I like how you're now speaking on the behalf of Dundee players.

Exactly, the game isn't the only thing that matters which is why every player should have got a run out tonight which is what Strachan had originally implied.

I'm pretty sure most players that didn't get on tonight will be gutted not to get on - I think it's embarrassing to suggest they wouldn't be.

I'm sure they'll all be rejecting future call ups and looking at their family trees for any tedious link they can to another country they'll be that demoralised tbh.

Guest DAVIDB69

Winning should not be the point of this game - it should've been an opportunity to give all of the players a run out and try a few things that you couldn't do in a competitive match. Cannot see if we've learned very much at all from tonight's match.

No we haven't 9 or 10 of the regulars will be in their usual place come the qualifiers

1320Lichtie, on 24 Mar 2016 - 21:39, said:

I'm sure they'll all be rejecting future call ups and looking at their family trees for any tedious link they can to another country they'll be that demoralised tbh.

Like plenty of players have done in the past?

Winning should not be the point of this game

Yest it should. We've utterly neglected our World Ranking for fucking years and its pretty important to qualifying these days. Switzerland are no better than us yet regularly qualify as they spend their time hunting down ranking points.

Dundee fans need to simmer. Bain wasn't on as it was a narrow lead in a game we were winning and outwith half time theres no real time to change a keeper. He'll clearly earn a cap at some point.

Good performance overall despite a couple of periods of sitting too deep. How ordinary are the Czechs nowadays though?

Snodgrass is one of our most important players IMO. Our attacking players in general looked technically good which hasn't always been the case.

1320Lichtie, on 24 Mar 2016 - 21:42, said:

Who's been away with a Scotland squad, not been played, and then went on to reject a call up or play for somebody else like?

Steven Fletcher.

Bannan, Snodgrass, McCormack, Anya and to a lesser extent Phillips all did well. Not sure we learned anything about the rest. Good performance tho after we switched Snodgrass to the middle.

I thought Martin and Berra both did fairly well too.

The clear partnership that Strachan (and probably most Scotland fans) would choose is Martin and Hanley but I think Berra has probably nailed the third choice centre half position just ahead of Greer. Not that Greer has done anything particularly wrong in his appearances for Scotland.

1320Lichtie, on 24 Mar 2016 - 21:46, said:

Plenty = Steven Fletcher.

You ask a question, I answer it, instead of accepting being telt, you change the boundaries of the question, what a DAB.

Archived