Czech Republic v Scotland - 24/3/16

Lex

Our next game will be a friendly match in Prague on the 24th of March.

Good away day for the tartan army at least, and a good test against a side who will be in the Euros in the summer.

4-6-0 anyone?

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in Prague on a stag do on the weekend of 1st April. c***s.

Make sure you all have matching tshirts.Nobody in Prague will have seen this before

Anyway prague again is a bit meh was hoping they would take it somewhere else,decent friendly though

It's an actually scheduled game, so a step forward for the SFA at least.

It's actually quite a good one to pick from a rankings perspective. They're 26th, we're 52nd (currently of course), and it's a fairly winnable game. This is the sort of friendly we should be organising.

Anyone got any decent routes? Not having much luck at the minute

Jet2 fly afternoons from Glasgow airport to Prague; Easyjet do Edinburgh-Prague flights at 7:30 or so in the morning AFAIK. If you're having trouble getting into Prague then Ryanair do London to Brno, the second largest city, and you can get a 2 1/2 hour bus (recommended) or train to the capital. Failing that, Vienna and Bratislava are both around four hours each way to get to Prague.

Any PnBer that finds themselves in Brno and wants shown around feel free! Hoping to take a few people to Prague for the game but I'm not good with Scotland tickets - assuming they would be done for points? I'd likely just have to sit in the Czech end.

Got no away points at all. Any chance of getting on the ladder with this one?

I would say so, I think about seven out of our last ten away games have went down to zero pointers. I'm on two points, one of which is away to drop off, I'm going to this in the hope of bumping up my points for the England game.

That's us booked up!

Glasgow to Prague via Amsterdam on Monday 21 March and back on Saturday 26 March.

5 Nights B and B in the Grand Hotel Praha, in the Old Town.

£643 all in for me and the missus.

I wonder if she will be able to do this 'hand luggage only'?

Jet2 fly afternoons from Glasgow airport to Prague; Easyjet do Edinburgh-Prague flights at 7:30 or so in the morning AFAIK. If you're having trouble getting into Prague then Ryanair do London to Brno, the second largest city, and you can get a 2 1/2 hour bus (recommended) or train to the capital. Failing that, Vienna and Bratislava are both around four hours each way to get to Prague.

Any PnBer that finds themselves in Brno and wants shown around feel free! Hoping to take a few people to Prague for the game but I'm not good with Scotland tickets - assuming they would be done for points? I'd likely just have to sit in the Czech end.

Actually flying into Brno for our game against Slovakia in October. Not sure if we're hanging around for a bit before moving onwards!

Cheers for the help though going to sit down and book something later!

Archived