Darvel v Troon Scottish cup tie

Darvel legend

Congratulations to Darvel and all the best in the next round, glad to see Troon go out and I hear the ref played a massive amount of injury time which seems to be the case with Troon when they are getting beat, they must have something going on with referees, great result for you and the rest of the ADL should be supporting you in the next round

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to Darvel and all the best in the next round, glad to see Troon go out and I hear the ref played a massive amount of injury time which seems to be the case with Troon when they are getting beat, they must have something going on with referees, great result for you and the rest of the ADL should be supporting you in the next round

What a ridiculous post. Worry about your own team.

There were no complaints from Darvel regarding time added on, equally no complaints from us about the result.

There were no complaints from Darvel regarding time added on, equally no complaints from us about the result.

I can assure you when troon scored the Darvel crowd were willing the full time whistle

Money can't buy you love,or good football players it would seem.Troon must have choking on their prawn sandwiches after this one.Bye,bye!

Absolutely pass marks for every Darvel player today,but in my opinion midfielder dougie Robertson was outstanding

Dougie is a brilliant player , good on the ball and loves getting stuck in as well even though he's smaller than most ! Good to see he's impressin at Darvel , always knew he was better than a struggling Tiber team in the amateurs !

Bitter pill for us to swallow but it's an indication of what our weakness has been all season. Most of our defeats this season have been from teams who have outfought as as opposed to outplaying us. We came up against a Darvel team who looked hungrier and contested every first and second ball, an effort that we simply didn't match and that is unacceptable. We couldn't have expected any less and Darvel fully deserved their victory. Gutted! Made even worse by being a Darvel boy playing for Troon! Best of luck to Paddy and his team, long may the run continue!

Bitter pill for us to swallow but it's an indication of what our weakness has been all season. Most of our defeats this season have been from teams who have outfought as as opposed to outplaying us. We came up against a Darvel team who looked hungrier and contested every first and second ball, an effort that we simply didn't match and that is unacceptable. We couldn't have expected any less and Darvel fully deserved their victory. Gutted! Made even worse by being a Darvel boy playing for Troon! Best of luck to Paddy and his team, long may the run continue!

Gav I would say that sums it up no doubt Troon wanted to play football and have better players but you have to win the battle before you can play and never at any time did we let you settle and fully deserved the win , paddy has done a brilliant job down there and him and some of the players could play at a higher level no problem , this is a team that went to the buffs in the west and only got beat on penalties and just beat a good premier league team , long may it continue

Troon are full of big time Charlie's and probably under estimated Darvel. Guys like Deano, Big Gav, Martin Ure and Young Adam should have known what it was all about instead of probably thinking it would be an easy ride.

Darvel however got a great result but they need to be brought back down a peg or two.

Troon are full of big time Charlie's and probably under estimated Darvel. Guys like Deano, Big Gav, Martin Ure and Young Adam should have known what it was all about instead of probably thinking it would be an easy ride.

Darvel however got a great result but they need to be brought back down a peg or two.

Agree with most things said about us, big few weeks coming up.

We never underestimated Darvel though, only thing I can disagree with, as Gav eluded too earlier, Darvel were hungrier and that's what hurts the most.

The big time Charlie's comment is very harsh and completely without foundation, and we certainly never under-estimated Darvel - we took the game very seriously.

We had watched them, knew exactly what their game-plan & likely line-up would be, and that's the frustrating part for me. As Deano said, Darvel were the hungrier side & frankly the better side. And that's not acceptable to us.

The big time Charlie's comment is very harsh and completely without foundation, and we certainly never under-estimated Darvel - we took the game very seriously.

We had watched them, knew exactly what their game-plan & likely line-up would be, and that's the frustrating part for me. As Deano said, Darvel were the hungrier side & frankly the better side. And that's not acceptable to us.

Fella, you lost a football match. Yes, I can understand that it's frustrating losing to lower league opposition but your team will move on. Most will agree that Darvel have had the best day, and result, that they are going to have in the competition this year.

Don't let the dafties grind you down.......and I doubt you'll get relegated.

i must say that troons,management,players and fans that post on this thread have been a credit to there club and junior football as a whole,on what must have been a bad day at the office,no way will they get religated,to good a team for that to happen,they will pick them selfs up from this and move on.good luck for the rest of the season.might see you next year up at toonheed. :thumsup2

Archived