Darvel v Troon Scottish cup tie

Darvel legend

heard at the races at the weekend Troon have asked for darvel to switch the tie to Portland park ? I'm sure Neil said aye no bother what time would you like to kick off and can you wait to you have full squad and we have some injuries ! Never heard anything as ridiculous in all my life unless troons attendances have changed and they get 4000 at home games now and want to give darvel the gate money

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course we haven't asked to change the venue - you shouldn't believe everything you hear!

If Darvel's pitch was struggling due to weather then of course we would make Portland available for a switch, but other than that we're looking forward to a trip down to Recreation Park next weekend.

heard at the races at the weekend Troon have asked for darvel to switch the tie to Portland park ? I'm sure Neil said aye no bother what time would you like to kick off and can you wait to you have full squad and we have some injuries ! Never heard anything as ridiculous in all my life unless troons attendances have changed and they get 4000 at home games now and want to give darvel the gate money

Of course we haven't asked to change the venue - you shouldn't believe everything you hear!

If Darvel's pitch was struggling due to weather then of course we would make Portland available for a switch, but other than that we're looking forward to a trip down to Recreation Park next weekend.

Even if it's straight from the horse's mooth? :huh:

So you did ask for a switch ? Our pitch won't be struggling as its looking the best it's ever been , looking forward to this one

Lets stop this nonsense right now. I have known Neil for some years and he phoned me to ask for some info on big gav a darvel lad for the programme. For a bit of a laugh I asked him he he fancied a switch and he replied no chance and further added as a joke that he was in fact digging holes in the pitch to try and even up the game. All a bit of banter and a laugh no more.

Anybody thinking any different is just trying to stir up

Jim Kirkwood Snr

I heard the manager was sounded out first and that there was an offer that Darvel wold get the whole gate and the chance to "play on a good park."

Maybe just banter right enough.

See Troon have invited a company to film the game despite it being at Darvel. Take it they asked the home team first?

I suppose anybody thinking different would just be trying to stir it up?

Aye pal they love the banter down at Troon ! I would suggest recreation park will be just fine

Think you're wrong there. As an ADL team playing at home we have had to request assistant referees and have been told it will depend on availability.

They've been on the SFA website since last week.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/JuniorFootball/TheScottishJuniorCup/10.%20Scottish%20Junior%20Cup%204th%20Round%20SATURDAY%2016th%20JANUARY%202016.pdf

I'm really looking forward to the game, always enjoy a trip down to Darvel! Missed the last trip over through work after there was a couple of postponements.

From what I've seen of Darvel recently they're a really fit, strong & hard-working team, so it'll be a very tough task for us. Paddy's built a really impressive side down there.

Confident as always, though!

Ayrshire Film Company are covering this match as part of the Fitba' Shorts package.

Hopefully the weather allows the game to go ahead... Everyone should try to make it along. Has the makings of a great game.

But if you can't make it along, the Troon Twitter feed @Troon_FC is the place to be. I'll be operating the account as part of Ayrshire Film Company's coverage, posting video clips live from the match as well as vines and pictures.

Fan interaction is part of my gig, if you see me at the match, please speak to me... I'll be the guy on the sideline running up and down with a camera!

Archived