Linlithgow v Forfar

FuzzyBear

I think in years gone by you'd have a point but football is played at just about any time of the day for tv so to me it makes little difference whether a game kicks off at a specific time. I'd prefer 3pm too and I don't think cost is the driver here. I just think that our lights, while adequate, are probably not at the level Forfar are used to (we're playing a friendly under them next week). So we can use them at a push but ideally we'd want to play in natural light until we can get them upgraded.

I thought they were bright enough last night (was that with supplementary hired lights?) but my problem was they were very low so they dazzled you. It shows in the pics I took at the game compared to other games.

Mind you if it was a Whitehill game there'd be no debate about kickoff times cos we don't have any lights :lol:

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think in years gone by you'd have a point but football is played at just about any time of the day for tv so to me it makes little difference whether a game kicks off at a specific time. I'd prefer 3pm too and I don't think cost is the driver here. I just think that our lights, while adequate, are probably not at the level Forfar are used to (we're playing a friendly under them next week). So we can use them at a push but ideally we'd want to play in natural light until we can get them upgraded.

The massive compensation that TV money provides justifies different kick off times, but relatively minor things do not.

Ultimately its a decision for both clubs involved.

Me and my mate were saying this the other night, would have been better if these had been the prices vs Wick. More money for the club, wouldn't have put anyone off and no faffing about with change at the turnstiles.

Wait till we come along with our £13 & £7 notes.

Me and my mate were saying this the other night, would have been better if these had been the prices vs Wick. More money for the club, wouldn't have put anyone off and no faffing about with change at the turnstiles.

Must be the 1st time someone would want to pay more for a game! I suppose you could have gave them a £2 donation if you didn't want to hang around for your change.

Will the game be segregated ?

You and your fellow Forfar fans will be made most welcome to Linlithgow to enjoy the local pubs and game - we are a friendly bunch.

Any buses looking for a pre match drink - the local bowling club (500 yards from the park) will make you most welcome - pies etc and the cheapest drink in town. Feel free to PM me

You and your fellow Forfar fans will be made most welcome to Linlithgow to enjoy the local pubs and game - we are a friendly bunch.

Any buses looking for a pre match drink - the local bowling club (500 yards from the park) will make you most welcome - pies etc and the cheapest drink in town. Feel free to PM me

Bit of a bugger with the 1.30 ko. Was hoping for a good swally before the game :D

Good to get to a new ground away from the usual soulless stadiums

Archived