Linlithgow v Forfar

FuzzyBear

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be a tough game for the Rose but if they can play the kind of football we saw last night then an upset might just be a possibility.

New management team, no idea how they'll change us - will get back to you after the next couple of league games.

Admission £10 and £5

So is that £15 then? ;)

Think i'll head over to this as we don't have a game until the Sunday. Was at the game last night and quite enjoyed it although it was a stroll for Rose in the end.

Be interesting to see how the do against the Loons.

Get beaten

:lol:

Tbf, it wasn't an unreasonable mis-assumption if you didn't know about yesterday, given the archaic regulations making floodlit games "rare as hen's teeth" within ER/WR Juniordom ;).

Why is it 1:30pm, btw?

Hearts-Aberdeen?

I think the feeling is that we do need to upgrade the lights and we'd need to re - hire the additional temporary lighting to kick off at 3 on the Saturday. I can see the point of not going through that when kicking off a bit earlier solves the issue. If the game is off then we'd obviously bring the extra lighting in for the 20th which is the date any postponement would be played. And we've already got guys talking about doing 2 Scottish Cup ties on the same afternoon.

Bit torn on that, 3pm should be automatic and presumed, and I doubt the need to hire some lighting should be enough to prevent that. However with floodlights not being a requirement I'm not sure it's right to force clubs that do have lights to play later in the day.

Bit torn on that, 3pm should be automatic and presumed, and I doubt the need to hire some lighting should be enough to prevent that. However with floodlights not being a requirement I'm not sure it's right to force clubs that do have lights to play later in the day.

I think in years gone by you'd have a point but football is played at just about any time of the day for tv so to me it makes little difference whether a game kicks off at a specific time. I'd prefer 3pm too and I don't think cost is the driver here. I just think that our lights, while adequate, are probably not at the level Forfar are used to (we're playing a friendly under them next week). So we can use them at a push but ideally we'd want to play in natural light until we can get them upgraded.

Archived