East Kilbride v Lothian Thistle

HomelandsOur

Aye but from the BBC not Sky. I dont think they pay as much as sky does as they get first pick for the rights.

which ever team gets thru their replay really should look to hosting the game at another ground. Makes more finacial sense if they hope to play in the Lowland League in the future.

You sure?

And EK will be looking to get to League 2 I imagine, they've done reasonably well in the LL the last few years already.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha opps. Was a tad tired when i put this up. Was ment to say the extra money would help the clubs if they hope to progress from Lowland League to League 2 in the future.

Moving there game to a bigger ground could bring in an easy 5 figure sum.

Sky pay £85k per team for a TV game so not sure why the BBC would not pay the same

From what i have heard from before Sky pay more as a premium for being allowed to pick which 1 or 2 games they wish to screen and at what times that suit them. £85K to each team.

BBC get to choose any they want other than the 1 or 2 Sky has chosen but at less cost. Not sure on figure but i know its lower than SKYs.

From what i have heard from before Sky pay more as a premium for being allowed to pick which 1 or 2 games they wish to screen and at what times that suit them. £85K to each team.

BBC get to choose any they want other than the 1 or 2 Sky has chosen but at less cost. Not sure on figure but i know its lower than SKYs.

You're right that Sky get first pick but it doesn't influence the fee in any way. The rights are sold as a whole for the season giving each broadcaster the right to show x amount of matches per round. The money is pooled together and split evenly.

LTHV were 1-0 down, 2-1 up and ultimately held 2-2 by Heriot-Watt University this afternoon. According to HW twitter the LTHV goalkeeper suffered a bad injury.

Despite covers and 3G pitch EK v Whitehill succumbed to snow in the run-up to kick-off.

Wednesday night's tie is now an all-ticket sell-out.

Kevin Swain the goalie at LTVH broke his arm in yesterday's game,he'll be gutted as he's a Celtic fan and will miss his biggest game should they get through,don't even think they've got another keeper for the game against EK.

You're right that Sky get first pick but it doesn't influence the fee in any way. The rights are sold as a whole for the season giving each broadcaster the right to show x amount of matches per round. The money is pooled together and split evenly.

Mmmm i dont know seeing as the Scottish Cup is an SFA competition. Clybs shown on TV during the rounds get payed and not shared.

They sell the rights for the League and League Cup as a whole and divide it between the clubs as these competitions are run by the SPFL.

Mmmm i dont know seeing as the Scottish Cup is an SFA competition. Clybs shown on TV during the rounds get payed and not shared.

They sell the rights for the League and League Cup as a whole and divide it between the clubs as these competitions are run by the SPFL.

I seriously have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say in this quote but I can guarantee you that the BBC and Sky both pay £165,000 for each live Scottish Cup tie and it is split between the two teams involved. Its the same regardless of which station shows the game.

Apparently LTHV are having to play an outfield player in goal because both their keepers are injured/ill. The SFA denied their request to play a keeper registered after the original tie was due to take place.

Obviously the correct decision by the letter of the law, but it's stupid that the rules have no flexibility when it comes to goalkeepers. If you can demonstrate you have no fit goalkeeper that's eligible to play, you should be allowed to play a different one.

Apparently LTHV are having to play an outfield player in goal because both their keepers are injured/ill. The SFA denied their request to play a keeper registered after the original tie was due to take place.

Obviously the correct decision by the letter of the law, but it's stupid that the rules have no flexibility when it comes to goalkeepers. If you can demonstrate you have no fit goalkeeper that's eligible to play, you should be allowed to play a different one.

Might be playing the under 20 keeper, but he's just 16 or 17 I think and has been struggling with illness.

Might be playing the under 20 keeper, but he's just 16 or 17 I think and has been struggling with illness.

I think that's the keeper they're saying is ill.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/celtic/1339759-lothian-thistle-forced-to-play-attacker-in-goals-in-scottish-cup-tie/

Sorry, didn't realise he was the direct backup. I believe he's made himself available, but dunno if he's physically up to it.

Oh aye that 500 capacity crowd against Celtic - listen to those collection buckets overflowing!

It's more the £82,500.00 TV money I was thinking of, although I'm sure they'll make a lot from the crowd as well, as soon as its switched to a bigger venue.

It's more the £82,500.00 TV money I was thinking of, although I'm sure they'll make a lot from the crowd as well, as soon as its switched to a bigger venue.

Oh aye so they can accommodate more of their fans - oops they have no more - it'll be Celtic fans then? Farce

Archived