New Preston Manager!

WhatsUpDoc

I see that Craig Nisbet has got the Preston job, not a good appointment in my view.

Before everyone starts slating my opinion its purely a football view and nothing personal.

Firstly Craig is a very nice guy, nothing bad to say about him personally. I know he played at EOS level however that was a good few years ago and the league/times has moved on significantly since then. He has managed the amateur Edin Utd team for a good few season now and since he got the role the Manager role as came up several time of the junior side yet not once did he get the job or was seriously considered even when the club was in desperation mode.

The amateur side he manages is not a good team and he has greatly struggled with quality player recruitment - i don't see this being any different at Preston as the only players he really knows is older (past it) players from EOS and junior days. He was also the amateur select team manager, a side I saw play a few times this season - his team selections/formations were debatable at best and this was reflected within the only competitive game they played when they got beat 3-0.

I honestly hope I am wrong as I said Craig is a very nice guy but no where near the quality/pedigree of some of the previous managers. Furthermore some of the background staff at Preston are amazing people who put so much time into making the club function and deserve some success/good news.

I think the decision will have been influenced by lack of money/debt the club have along with the fact the response would have been poor given how bad a situation the club has been in over the past 3 seasons.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see that Craig Nisbet has got the Preston job, not a good appointment in my view.

Before everyone starts slating my opinion its purely a football view and nothing personal.

Firstly Craig is a very nice guy, nothing bad to say about him personally. I know he played at EOS level however that was a good few years ago and the league/times has moved on significantly since then. He has managed the amateur Edin Utd team for a good few season now and since he got the role the Manager role as came up several time of the junior side yet not once did he get the job or was seriously considered even when the club was in desperation mode.

The amateur side he manages is not a good team and he has greatly struggled with quality player recruitment - i don't see this being any different at Preston as the only players he really knows is older (past it) players from EOS and junior days. He was also the amateur select team manager, a side I saw play a few times this season - his team selections/formations were debatable at best and this was reflected within the only competitive game they played when they got beat 3-0.

I honestly hope I am wrong as I said Craig is a very nice guy but no where near the quality/pedigree of some of the previous managers. Furthermore some of the background staff at Preston are amazing people who put so much time into making the club function and deserve some success/good news.

I think the decision will have been influenced by lack of money/debt the club have along with the fact the response would have been poor given how bad a situation the club has been in over the past 3 seasons.

No wonder the games goosed by son many in this country. He's no even started yet.

Great guy and passionate. Played for the club and knows what its about. Wish him all the best

What are Preston all about? Or any team for that matter. Are philosophies in place as a club? Looking from outwith each club, there seem to be A few clubs who seem to sign some 'mercenary' types who move about regularly and follow the cash. There are others who look to play local players or bring players through, but do any of the teams have a real philosophy of 'this is who we are and this is what we do' ?

Least the man has the bottle to take over he obviously knows what he is in for Preston are struggling and are scratching the bottom of the lowland league but fairplay to him for taking over i hope he proves these doubters wrong

No quite scraping the bottom. Two teams worse than them.

Least the man has the bottle to take over he obviously knows what he is in for Preston are struggling and are scratching the bottom of the lowland league but fairplay to him for taking over i hope he proves these doubters wrong

Whatever the rights and wrongs of recent history at Preston the new Chairman and Secretary are 100% genuine and committed. I am sure their new manager will be the same. Colin Jack has given them enough of a basis that they will probably survive this season so they can rebuild.

Nizzy is the utility man needed.Not bad player in his time but dodgy knee.Says a lot about his commitment he's still prepared to give his time to the Club he has fond memories of given other demands on his time.Might take patience given where they are but a great influence in the dressing room who will sort it out. Time for jealous haters to get behind the Club and our new manager.Get in about them Craig - you have my full support mate

nice to see Zorro has recovered from last night's exertions... :lol:

Pennypit used to be a hard place to get a win at- feel free to bring back this tradition when Preston play Stirling in a couple of weeks.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Preston pumed 6-1 in Nisbet's first game as Manager - hate to say it but I told you so!

Ok yes it's his first game, yes it's a friendly and yes Leith are a good side but getting beat 6-1 by an EOS side is embarrassing.

Heard several players are making informal enquiries behind the scenes to get away based on the standard of training and first impressions of the manager. Nisbet is a great guy but does not have the quality or knowledge required for Lowland league football - he struggled at amateur.

Going to be a very long end to the season!

Archived