Stirling vs inverness

Binos123sam

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to have sparked a good bit of interest. Our away crowds are typically small, less than a couple of hundred a lot of the time, I think we will take a good few hundred to this one. I'll stick my neck out and say between 500 - 600.

Looks like the crowd could be as big as it was last time, im sure we'll have a big support there

Guest The Phoenix

We are coming down on the supporters bus. Is there a pub or two close to the ground for a pre game pint or two providing the bus is early enough

Supporters Bar inside West (home) Stand.

I wonder if mclaren will change from a 4 4 2 formation on Saturday to a more defensive one. Hope he doesn't alter it to much we are a threat going forward and create chances.We don't want to sit in and defend, and invite Inverness to attack if we do we are in trouble.The old adage of attack is the best form of defence comes to mind.Heres hoping the weather calms down and doesn't spoil the game as it has done in our last 2 home games.

I wonder if mclaren will change from a 4 4 2 formation on Saturday to a more defensive one. Hope he doesn't alter it to much we are a threat going forward and create chances.We don't want to sit in and defend, and invite Inverness to attack if we do we are in trouble.The old adage of attack is the best form of defence comes to mind.Heres hoping the weather calms down and doesn't spoil the game as it has done in our last 2 home games.

The forecast doesn't look too bad thankfully. I'm confident there's no worry of a postponement... but I'm less confident of having an incident free train journey from and to Aberdeen!

Thats what we went for in 2007 and look what happened...

That's right. On paper you were far stronger than now, flying high at the top of div 2 (now league 1) if I remember right. Also we were struggling near the bottom of the prem.

Moore reckoned you were good enough to play football against us, or maybe he just didn't have the squad to play any other way.

I reckon McLaren's best chance is to play it tight and feed off the scraps.

Talking of which, that Beattie fellow looks slightly podgy.

I don't think we can afford to make many/any changes. We can't think about giving players a run out etc. Having said that, we'll have to shuffle things because Tremarco is suspended.

-------------------Fon Williams-----------------

--Raven---Warren------Devine----WIlliams---

---Polworth------Tansey----Draper-----Wedderburn---

-----------------------Vincent-----------------------

------------------------Storey--------------------------

That's kind of how we've been lining up? You can probably shuffle the midfield about a bit and we might look to introduce someone like Roberts, who has been edging back into contention, at some point.

I don't really know much about Albion to be honest.

Has to be a full strength team for us I reckon, with the only exception perhaps being Esson in for Fon Williams to keep him match sharp. Williams coming in for suspended Tremarco is a plus as well!

From the highlights I've seen of the home team it looks like Smith on the right will be a real danger on the break. He'll probably find it tough having to come inside to defend the overloaded middle of the park, whilst dealing with an overlapping wing back in the shape of Williams. If he gets the ball and runs direct at Devine though he'll likely get some joy.

We've been pretty handy against lower league opposition, perhaps due to the physical spine of the team (Warren, Meekings & Draper) ensuring we deal with direct approaches. We haven't been great breaking down deep sitting defences, but with Polworth, Vigurs and Tansey we now have players capable of scoring from outside the box if the tippy tappy stuff isn't working.

I hope Beattie gets a start, good goal last week and has played good since his injury lay off.

Change it up for this game although not much can be done thinking about it

Probably go a 4 4 2

Smith

Verlaque McGeachie Forsyth McKinley

Lamont Mazel Robertson Daz Smith

Doris Beattie

That defence has been poor the past few games but cant see that changing until Skip(Ross McMillen) comes back from injury.

Can see it being a decent game but i think Inverness will win.

1-2 Final score

I think Doris and Beattie could be a very potent strike force not just for Saturday but the remainder of the season.its keeping Beattie fit that's the problem, here's hoping he has run of games without injury.Noticed a stat from the club Doris has played more games this season than any other player in the squad.also the rumour mill has it that raith rovers showing interest in doris

Archived