Stirling vs inverness

Binos123sam

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had written off the chances of this being televised but thinking about it, it would be a good pick. Cup holders begin their defence away to a side from the bottom division. I still think they'll just pick Celtic and Rangers games along with Hearts vs Aberdeen, but it wouldn't shock me if this was chosen.

Great game for the Binos though, going to be a big test. Surely have to do better than the 6-1 battering handed out in 2006/2007.

Delighted with the draw. Away tie at lower league opposition which gives us a good chance of progressing, a short journey (for me at least!) and it's a chance to visit a ground where we haven't played much in recent seasons. That said we aren't exactly playing brilliantly right now but hopefully our form picks up ahead of this match. We might also be without our only real goal threat by the time this game comes around. I'm not sure when Storey is due to leave us but I'm hoping it's the end of January rather than the start.

What are the good pre match pubs to visit in Stirling?

I see the 2007 match was given as 1521 and I can remember a discussion with the binos because we swore we had filled the away stand and they could see from the other side it was only about half full :lol:

Either way the ICT fans usually turn out for the Cup and many are already looking forward to it who don't even remember the last time. It's a great break from the premier league for us. But I can understand the binos wanting a club that would give them a bigger payday.....

Looking forward to the game and pitting our wits against one of the countries top clubs. Thankfully we have improved over the past few months, which will hopefully continue and we'll give ICT a game when they arrive. Nobody expects us to win, but it would be great if we could push them all the way through the 90 minutes.

I like Inverness, they are a side that clubs like ourselves should aspire to follow and they have shown that you can go from Part Time, bottom of the tier football to the Premiership and Europe without racking up debt.

Delighted with the draw. Away tie at lower league opposition which gives us a good chance of progressing, a short journey (for me at least!) and it's a chance to visit a ground where we haven't played much in recent seasons. That said we aren't exactly playing brilliantly right now but hopefully our form picks up ahead of this match. We might also be without our only real goal threat by the time this game comes around. I'm not sure when Storey is due to leave us but I'm hoping it's the end of January rather than the start.

What are the good pre match pubs to visit in Stirling?

When you're a club in our position, you look at progressing in the cups to end up with a wee pay day. Had we not beaten Cumbernauld Colts, we would have played Clyde that Saturday, so no doubt we will end up slightly out of pocket compared to that game, however we have got to hope that ICT fans take the view that RIG has and decide to make the journey down.

As for pubs, pre-match Stirling is full of bars. The Weatherspoon's is.......well a Weatherspoon's (i'm a fan), Morrison's is good if you want to watch whatever game Sky/BT are showing. There is a new Brew Dog pub that is getting good reviews, just have a walk about in all honesty. Remember as well, we have a bar in the Home stand which is also open to away supporters and is a lively but friendly wee place for a few ales.

I see the 2007 match was given as 1521 and I can remember a discussion with the binos because we swore we had filled the away stand and they could see from the other side it was only about half full :lol: Either way the ICT fans usually turn out for the Cup and many are already looking forward to it who don't even remember the last time. It's a great break from the premier league for us. But I can understand the binos wanting a club that would give them a bigger payday.....

I remember having to stand in the terrace behind the goal that day. Time is a wonderful thing but I remember the home stand being packed, to the extent that we had to move around to the terrace (the only time I have stood there) as the game was kicking off. The Away stand was busy but it certainly wasn't full. May have looked it from where you were sitting though.........wouldn't it be great if we could have another day like that one (score aside haha).

I see the 2007 match was given as 1521 and I can remember a discussion with the binos because we swore we had filled the away stand and they could see from the other side it was only about half full :lol:

Away stand was half full if I can remember, we had to open the terrace as the main stand was packed. Hoping for the same again

Something I'm not getting here.... I've seen two references to the Clyde game. Have Clyde suddenly become like Talbot :lol:

I understand you have to split the gate with ICT but you'll still get the Clyde fixture later.

Also IIRC the SFA money for round 3 is £8000 so it'll probably double for this round?

Brewdog Stirling contacted me to say that they'd be up for doing something for the travelling ICT fans, possibly free food... drink discount etc. If there's interest closer to the day I'll find out a more finalised offer.

I remember having to stand in the terrace behind the goal that day. Time is a wonderful thing but I remember the home stand being packed, to the extent that we had to move around to the terrace (the only time I have stood there) as the game was kicking off. The Away stand was busy but it certainly wasn't full. May have looked it from where you were sitting though.........wouldn't it be great if we could have another day like that one (score aside haha).

As I remember it you were flying high at the top of the old second division and Moore had you playing some great football. We were struggling a bit in the SPL but taking us on at football was never going to work, another manager would have played it tight to frustrate us.

We had two great strikers in Wyness and Dargo and the team really clicked but very soon after they both picked up long term injuries and we were never the same team again.

From looking at the forums you are mid table in league 2 and playing a more physical game and everybody's moaning. A bit like 2 years ago when I was there with my wee team Whitehill.

I had written off the chances of this being televised but thinking about it, it would be a good pick. Cup holders begin their defence away to a side from the bottom division. I still think they'll just pick Celtic and Rangers games along with Hearts vs Aberdeen, but it wouldn't shock me if this was chosen.

Great game for the Binos though, going to be a big test. Surely have to do better than the 6-1 battering handed out in 2006/2007.

The 6-1 game was ridiculous. The first half was very even - if anything we were the better team - yet ICT lead 4-1 after having 3 shots on goal. After half time we knew it was over and ICT strolled it with another 2 goals.

I stil remember an outrageous chip from Dargo for one of the goals. He was on fire at that point if I recall correctly. Think he left for Saint Mirren at the end of that season and never hit the same heights as he did with ICT.

Archived