January Transfer Window

Stolen from the League 2 forum...

What business do you think/expect your club to do in the January transfer wiindow?

For us; We have Jamie Adams and Ross Caldwells short-term deals running out while Jordan Preston and Craig Moore's loans expire. Personally I would like to see all four extend their deals however feel it is crucial we get Adams and at least one of Moore/Preston signed up until the end of the season.

As for players coming in I read in the Ayrshire Post that McCall wants another 2 players. Really think we need an out and out winger who can take on and beat their man as we only have Mikey Donald who is a natural winger and he has been quite poor this season and last.

I'm probably being slightly unrealistic here but would like our key players like Docherty and Devlin signed up on longer deals but understand they will be a bit reluctant to commit their future to the club when they dont know what division we are going to be in next season.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May aswell just throw money at Jamie Adams, see if he fancies full time football.

That would probably generate some seethe.

Could be the difference in Ayr challenging you for the title or not.

Expect a few changes at Stranraer. Reid has said he likes to use the loan market so hopefully has a few contacts with his former clubs down south.

Danny Stoney featured in a bounce game recently for us. With Longworth off form, or not being given the chance to show form and Luciano Nequecaur only on a short term deal, he could be a replacement all be it one of a very different mould to what we have.

I can only assume this seeth would also come from the Dunfernline fans.

Nah not really, fans tend to get over there dislike of a player if he starts producing the goods, my Dad said that Dunfermline fans weren't keen on Andy Smith back in the day, that changed.

In all seriousness what would the chances of Adams leaving be? I'm not even saying us, Qots could do with a decent centre midfielder etc, is he full time with Ayr?

In all seriousness what would the chances of Adams leaving be? I'm not even saying us, Qots could do with a decent centre midfielder etc, is he full time with Ayr?

Was in at the club last week doing some stuff for Uni and as far as some of them think, as long as McCall is there and wants him, he'll be there.

Will only be loan signings for us I would imagine. A forward who can consistently score would have to be top of Darren Young's agenda, followed perhaps by maybe some extra defensive cover at centre/left back, although I don't think anyone would be first pick ahead of the Dunlops. Also another central midfield option could be important for getting more out of Davidson and Willis.

3 of our defenders are in on loan so we will need cover come January. There is no way we will be signing them as they are on contracts at Prem sides, so probably try and extend the loans or look elsewhere.

After watching the u20s last night, McGuffie, Wardope, Hilton could all be useful squad players, even to fill up the bench when we are low. Hilton was great with the ball at his feet. As well was the lad Woods at right back. I think we'll keep Adams, Caldwell, Moore and Preston and add another 2, possibly 3.

Nah not really, fans tend to get over there dislike of a player if he starts producing the goods, my Dad said that Dunfermline fans weren't keen on Andy Smith back in the day, that changed.

I'm kinda half serious about it being a good idea for the Pars to slap up, sorry, snap up Adams in Jan if possible. Every team needs an utter b and the Pars haven't had one since Ian Ferguson.

Plus getting it right up A*r would be amusing...

I'm kinda half serious about it being a good idea for the Pars to slap up, sorry, snap up Adams in Jan if possible. Every team needs an utter b and the Pars haven't had one since Ian Ferguson.

We could offer them a swap - that big carthorse right back who isn't getting a game, their old keeper Hutton and maybe Le Big MAC. Send Smokin Joe Cardle to negotiate the deal.

Folk who use an asterisk when typing another teams name deserve to be put down.

Anyone who can strengthen our squad will be very welcome. A loanee or two from the higher leagues would be excellent but with the team exceeding expectations and safety in this division looking much more likely than anyone could have guessed, perhaps our board will be willing to increase our own roster.

Would anyone like to swap Andy Barrowman for a young, out-on-his-luck striker with potential, who could benefit from top coaching and a change of scenery?

Can't see us bringing anyone in. We must be close to the budget for this season after the panic signings of McCabe and MAC.

Don't think we actually need anyone. We have a pretty sizeable squad at the moment.

Hopefully MAC is punted though.

Archived