Hearts v Aberdeen

Dunty

Would have made a great final but fourth round it is.

20% allocation of cup tickets should mean Aberdeen get the whole of the Roseburn stand.

Hearts beat Aberdeen at Tynecastle in 2006 and went on to win the cup. Last cup tie between the pair though was 2010 at Pittodrie, 2-0 Aberdeen win.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, shame it is this early but it's a great tie,

Aberdeen will get the full stand.

We have been awful since we won it, haven't scored a goal, although we've had ridiculously tough draws. 26 of our last 30 Scottish cup ties have been to Premiership opposition. :lol:

Don't think there is anything between the two teams and the winner will go far.

Hearing Sky had first pick of the live games and opted for Straraer v Celtic.

If true it sums up why all talk of 16/18 team leagues is useless while Sky are involved, as they are clearly going to drag their heels in and demand a minimum four old firm games. It's only two teams they're interested in.

Their loss though for this one. Hearts/Aberdeen is the tie of the round by a country mile. I'm guessing it'll be on the BBC then, hopefully with a decent kick-off time.

Thought sky had two games on the Sunday ?

Sky get first pick which gets played on the Sunday at midday.

BBC get second pick which gets played at midday on the Saturday.

Sky then get the third and final pick which is the later kick-off on the sunday(14:30-15:00 usually).

I'm 80% sure thats the times that they get shown anyway

The rest of the matches will be played at 3pm on the Saturday.

At a guess, Stranraer v Celtic will be the Saturday Lunch time.

Hearts v Aberdeen will be the Sunday Lunch time.

Rangers v Cowden/Arbroath will be the later kick-off on the Sunday.

If any of those 3 games fail to make the cut(which is very unlikely) then I reckon our game against Hibs could be a shout as well..

Sky get first pick which gets played on the Sunday at midday.

BBC get second pick which gets played at midday on the Saturday.

Sky then get the third and final pick which is the later kick-off on the sunday(14:30-15:00 usually).

I'm 80% sure thats the times that they get shown anyway

The rest of the matches will be played at 3pm on the Saturday.

At a guess, Stranraer v Celtic will be the Saturday Lunch time.

Hearts v Aberdeen will be the Sunday Lunch time.

Rangers v Cowden/Arbroath will be the later kick-off on the Sunday.

If any of those 3 games fail to make the cut(which is very unlikely) then I reckon our game against Hibs could be a shout as well..

Hearts v Aberdeen - Sky

Raith v Hibs - BBC

Stranraer v Celtic - Sky

That should be the 3 TV picks. What are the chances of a neutral getting a ticket for this game? Obviously Hearts have been selling out a lot this year and with Aberdeen getting the full away end, i'd imagine tickets would be picked up rather quickly.

So if Sky take the Hearts v Aberdeen game as first pick it's likely to be 12noon on the Sunday, great, and what time does the first train arrive at Edinburgh Haymarket from Aberdeen on a Sunday, 12.14. Then again, same goes for Glasgow to Stranraer train, not sure about what time the ferry gets in though ;)

If its the Sunday, looks like a weekend in either Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Same, swiney is a great day out just a ridiculous time for us to have them in the draw. Nae doot this'll be a midday kick off on the Sunday to proper ruin the drinking possibilities.

I would argue that a Sunday session in Edinburgh is far better than the Saturday night out.

Archived