Dunfermline vs Ross County/Ross County vs Dunfermline (replay)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How was Cardle thought of at County?

Did well in pre-season against Highland League opposition, and he looked the best of our summer signings that included Jim Fenlon, Uros Celcer, Tim Dreesen and Jordi Balk.

Then the season started.

Disagree. What about cup run of 2007, terrible in league but in cup only Glasgow or Edinburgh team which could stop us was Celtic in the Final. Does that not disprove your statement?

If I were you I'd have a read back and see if you can sense any sarcasm.

• 5 weeks later...

A few days ago we were full of confidence.

Today we have the news that Boyce is out for a month, Curran will be missing too, and we put in an abject performance in Inverness.

Not sure what McIntyre will do up front, Brian Graham probably.

Looking forward our first trip to EEP for a few years though, do you still do those bridies?

A few days ago we were full of confidence.

Today we have the news that Boyce is out for a month, Curran will be missing too, and we put in an abject performance in Inverness.

Not sure what McIntyre will do up front, Brian Graham probably.

Looking forward our first trip to EEP for a few years though, do you still do those bridies?

Of course man, it's the main reason most folk head along.

What grade does McIntyre get for the first half of the season?

I would say 7/10

It's our best '1st half season'- but determined with his 4-4-2 and opposition have us sussed now. Away results are poor.

When it clicks, great, we can trash teams ie the 7-0 v Falkirk.

Bad news today with injuries to Boyce and Curran, that is major.

I'd be happy with any win next Saturday.

With cheesy almost certain to miss out I doubt we'll be able to get anything from this, if martin doesn't make it either it can end quite badly for us.

Should be more confident given our form and league position but our defence is there for the taking with those two out

Will always think highly of McIntyre. Won us the league and took us to Hampden (as a manger, let's not forget the sexy penalty to take us to the 2007 cup final :wub: ). Obviously the SPL season was a disaster, but that was a year before the club nearly died. Think he's proven now with County he's good enough for the top flight.

Difficult game this. We're on a long unbeaten run and County are missing some of their key players, but they should have enough in their tank to go through. Hopefully we can give them a game though and make them work for it.

Will always think highly of McIntyre. Won us the league and took us to Hampden (as a manger, let's not forget the sexy penalty to take us to the 2007 cup final :wub: ). Obviously the SPL season was a disaster, but that was a year before the club nearly died. Think he's proven now with County he's good enough for the top flight.

Difficult game this. We're on a long unbeaten run and County are missing some of their key players, but they should have enough in their tank to go through. Hopefully we can give them a game though and make them work for it.

I'm a fan of Macca but no idea what this has to do with our failure that year. He put faith in a lot of the players that got us promoted and most didn't cut it. Andy Kirk and Joe Cardle made a good fist of it. Barlow was also really good until getting hurt at Tynecastle and had to be replaced by Chris Smith :thumbsdown

I'm a fan of Macca but no idea what this has to do with our failure that year. He put faith in a lot of the players that got us promoted and most didn't cut it. Andy Kirk and Joe Cardle made a good fist of it. Barlow was also really good until getting hurt at Tynecastle and had to be replaced by Chris Smith :thumbsdown

I think ultimately he probably wasn't given the budget to compete, he seemed to choose to keep a decent sized squad of good quality first division players( believing they would be good enough ) rather than take a chance on a small squad of better players.

Yep. He had already started to learn by January that he'd made a mistake, he tried to rectify some mistakes in the window.

Surprised he didn't bring in another left back though, we also put allot of faith in Ruktiewicz getting back to full fitness which never really happened.

It's pretty telling that no one who we retained in the summer ever got another shot at the top tier?

Archived